Chapter 2: Witch Au

"Well, I guess it all started with the Witch Trials. 

It was the day of the start of the Trials. At this point, it was so new that my family hadn't heard of it. 

The day itself started off pretty normal. My Brother and Dad went to work at dawn. My Mother and I began to collect herbs for the shop, they were healers and sold remedies. Anyway, so everything was normal...until it wasn't.

Matt ran home that afternoon panting. He was early, and he had blood on his forehead. I and Mom tried to get him to calm down and talk to us, but he kept looking for Dad's gun.

Then after a while just as he had the gun and was about to leave he said "They're burning Witches and they've got Dad!" then he left.

We didn't get the official notice about the Trials until that night. But it was too late. My brother hadn't come back. Neither had my dad. The next evening we heard a banging on the front door after dinner. They had traced my Dad and brother back to us, and since both of them were found guilty...so were we.

My mom told me to run. I went out of my bedroom window. My mom followed. We ran through, alley after alley. That's when a couple of guards grabbed my mom. I couldn't stop them. I tried but their grip was too strong.

My mom told me to run. The guards dragged her away. They told me to go away, that I didn't look like a witch but my family did. 

Then I ran. As fast as I could. Men with torches and pitchforks hunting witches were everywhere.

I ran to the outskirts of town, finally clear. Then I came in here and prayed for my family, and all those in the same situation," Pidge fell silent. Keith looked at her in horror. "And now, I don't even know where I am going to go. But I'm sure I'll be fine,"

"You could stay with me," Keith said. Pidge looked at him.

"What?!"

"I said you could stay with me. I'm not rich or anything, but I pretty well off," 

Pidge scooted away from him. "I don't want to be a burden. Or get you in trouble..."

Keith smiled. "I can get myself out of trouble. I have been persecuted enough times to learn how. And God has a better plan than any of mine. You would be welcome...so what do you say?" Keith asked.

"Okay..." Pidge said. Keith stood up and took her arm leading her to his home. Little did she know that she would someday call it home.