Chapter 2: 5 People, 4 Beds

3:00

Pidge and Keith woke up, tangled in each other again. Keith was holding on to her waist and their legs were a deranged mess. They pushed away from each other and glared in anger at one another.

"That's it!" They whisper-shouted. Keith grabbed the blanket and twisted it so that it was more rope-like. Pidge grabbed one of the pillows. Then they attacked. They wrestled and fought, trying to kill one another.

They ended up where Pidge was straddling Keith, holding a pillow over his mouth. Keith had the blanket wrapped around her neck.

That, of course, is when Shiro sleepily stood up at looked over at them. He woke up pretty fast after that.

"KEITH! PIDGE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Shiro whispered. The two stopped and looked at him. 

"He started it!" Pidge said pointing at Kieth. "He tried to strangle me!"

"You were trying to suffocate me!" Keith said. 

"I don't care who started it or who was trying to kill who! This is not okay!" Shiro said. Pidge and Keith lowered their weapons. "You guys are acting like children! Pidge, I expected more from you," Pidge gazed lowered in guilt.

Keith looked at her and then at Shiro, "Hey! We're still just kids," Shiro raised his eyebrow and Pidge looked at him in confusion.

"Did...did you just defend me? After I tried to kill you?" Pidge asked.

"I-I um..."

"Pidge, get off Keith and both of you get to bed," Shiro said getting back into bed. Pidge looked down at Keith and then they both turned red seeing the position that they were in.

"Oh yeah...um...uh...sorry," Pidge awkwardly said, getting off of Keith. 

"It's...um okay," Keith said. They turned away from each other and fell asleep.

6:30

"Pidge, Keith. Wake up!" Lance said. Pidge groaned into Keith's chest.

"Five...more...minutes," Pidge said. Keith who had his arms around her pulled her closer. She hugged him tighter.

"We have doughnuts," Hunk said. Both Keith and Pidge open their eyes fast and got up and ready within minutes.

After breakfast, the group walked to their van to start the long drive home. 

"So...how'd you sleep?" Lance asked suggestively, walking between Keith and Pidge.

"Fine, why are talking like that?" Pidge said.

"Aw, come on, you woke up in each other's arms. You know what I meant," Lance said.

"What are you talking about Lance?" Keith sighed. "I swear, you're going crazy again,"

"I am not!" Lance said. "Shiro, Hunk! Back me up!"

"They did almost kill each other last night," Shiro said.

"Ha!" Lance said. "Told you!"

"Why would I try to kill someone!" Pidge said. "I'm 14! I still have a future!"

"Yeah, besides," Keith said. "What reason would we have for that? Honestly, y'all are going insane,"

Shiro, Lance, and Hunk exchanged glances. Pidge and Keith were completely ignoring the intimacy they shared that night. They were acting like nothing ever happened. 

Typical.