Chapter 3 | Trip Home

"Jesse! Hurry up! We're going to be late." I clipped on my earring and ran downstairs. Today we had a dinner date with our parents because my mom was bored. She was nearing her retirement and literally had no one to talk to except by busy dad.

"Ignacia, we're about to leave, do you need anything?" I bellow into the guest room downstairs.

"Yo, can you just toss me a towel before you go?" That's weird, we usually have a towel in the guest bathroom.

"Yeah, sure." I go and get a towel from the laundry room.

I walk back downstairs and see Ethan on his phone. Without knocking I barge into his room.

I was shocked at what I saw.

Ignacia was in a towel hanging as his hips and I saw a little smirk.

"You might want to close your mouth if you don't want to attract the flies." He says. I promised to get rid of my feelings for Ignacia, but that didn't stop my hormones from making me drool.

I quickly shut my mouth and hand him the towel. I bend my head down as a result of embarrassment and the blush creeping on my cheeks.

All I see are his chiseled abs. I was more into guys who were toned, but Ignacia's body switched my perspective on abs.

I realize that I have been standing there for minutes just bending my head down and ogling him.

"-S-S-so there is money on the counter to order take out or to go to the convenience store to buy whatever ingredients you need to cook. We will be back before nine so remember to behave."

I had begun flustered but gained my confidence back.

As I turn, a large hand grabs my wrist and Ignacia pulls me close to his body.

"You look beautiful in this dress." His eyes gleam with realization. I was wearing a Navy dress that grazed the ground at the bottom and was more high-rise at the front. It was fitted and it showed off my curves modestly.

I didn't really know how to respond to the compliment so I nodded

"Oh and JC, I won't be needing the money. Ethan said I was coming with you guys, and your parents said to meet at a restaurant at 6:00. It's only 5:00 and the restaurant is ten minutes away." He casually pulled back and gave his toothed smile.

"Okay, then I'll wait for you to get changed." I make myself walk away from him, but his grip on my wrist tightens.

"It's not like you haven't seen me naked before." I know he was talking about the situation with his abs on display, but I needed to get rid of all thoughts of him.

"Eh-"against my disapproving voice I choose to stay.

"Don't worry JC, I know you are very innocent. I'll just change in the bathroom and come out."

He was considerate and kind. My god this guy was everything I was looking for except for the fact that he was now studying the same subject.

The door knob turns and he comes out.

He was wearing black skinny jeans, a black almost silky looking collared shirt and had his hair styled in the playboy hair cut but managed to make it look innocent.

"You look hot bro," my brother came in to say. I hadn't even noticed that he was in the room.

"What do you think JC?"

"You clean up well." I said shrugging my shoulders.

(After arriving at her parents' house, finishing dinner, and approaching to the car)

"Jessie!" My mom squealed my nickname.

"Bye mom," I give her a hug after Ethan.

She whispers into my ear, "Hold onto him. He dresses like Shawn Mendes, has great manners, and is a very smart boy. I want him to be my son-in-law."

My god... when will she stop pressuring marriage on me.

She pulls back and gives me a wink which goes unnoticed by Ethan and Ignacia.

"And Ignacia, welcome. Camila (Ignacia's mom) told me the situation and it's great you are moving to Jesse's university."

Yeah, great indeed.

"Thank-you Mrs. Fiona (my mother and him were on a first-name basis, but adding the Mrs made it feel more respectful which I really appreciated about him) for your hospitality."

"Ignacia, no need to be so formal. You are like family after all." She says beaming at him.

"It would be great if he was actually my bro, then we could teach me his secrets to being the number one Last of Us player." Ethan was very into making light jokes but I knew what my mom meant.

I mean Ignacia looked like the perfect son, and my mom favoured boys who dressed well and had nice manners.

We waved her good-bye and got into the car.

We began to drive and I fell asleep on Ignacia's shoulder.

The next thing I hear are beeping sounds and muffled voices.

I open my eyes and look around to see that I am in a hospital.

Not for clinical experience.

But as the patient myself.

I attempt to speak, but no words come out. I see a boy with his head down, holding my hands. His hands have long slender finger with a shiny band on his ring father.

The boy isn't my brother and it isn't Ignacia.

It is a boy I don't recognize.

I continue to observe his features.

"J I love you. Can you please wake up? I promise that we would make up in the morning but 72 mornings have passed." His head was down and the black hair blocked my visibility.

I wriggle my toes. Okay, so I'm not paralyzed.

I move my head to the side to get a better view.

I didn't know for sure who it was, but my heart began to race.

The machine beside me began beeping faster and faster.

"Kai? Is that you?" I ask groggily.