Chapter 7 | Moving Next Door

"That's the home video of us moving in. I had to go back and forth between my new and old house and that day you met me on the bus, I had fallen asleep in my new home."

Flashback

It was the mysterious boy Kai who had dropped me off. I didn't know he had moved in next door, but it would make working together much easier.

I watched through my window as I saw him pick up heavy boxes and bring them into the house.

After he dropped the box near his doorstep, he rolled up his sleeves and went back to carry another set of boxes.

As he carried them, you could see his veins became defined and his tattoos seemed to flow in the sun.

I didn't really like the ideas of tattoos but he wore them in a sophisticated manner. It was black inked tribal tattoos and they really complimented his pale skin.

After a few minutes of gawking at him, he turns his head and looks straight at me.

And he smirks.

I blush and I quickly close the curtains.

Kai just caught me checking him out.

A few minutes later the doorbell rang.

"Coming!" I yell. It was probably Ethan and Ignacia back with the groceries.

I swing the door open and see him.

"Nice to meet you neighbor," He reaches his hand out to give a handshake. I feebly hold his hand.

"What are you doing here?"

"Meeting my neighbor." I look down to see we still hadn't let go of each other's hands.

"Lovely, now it was nice meeting you. See you at university tomorrow." I speak very quickly. I try to get rid of my hands from his grasp, but instead, his hands grip on tighter and he pulls me close to his chest.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" He flashes his smile.

"Umm...no."

"Why?"

"Because-" Before I could finish, I saw Ignacia and Ethan walking to the door.

"Yo Ethan! We have a new neighbor." I yell.

"JC, why didn't you invite him in?" Ignacia asks confused.

I look at Kai and he stifles a laugh.

"Wait a second, is that who I think it is?" Ethan observes Kai.

"Aren't you Karate Kai? You were at the foreign exchange program as a guide right?"

Kai paused for a moment as if to think and snapped his fingers knowingly.

"Elephant Ethan? Wow, the world is small." They catch up as I grab the groceries from Ethan's hands and make my way into the house with Ignacia.