Chapter 8 | Meetings in His Room

"Okay, I know you've been saying that you want to learn about how our romance developed."

"Finally," the good details would hopefully begin. "But before you start, who is Kristen?"

"Kristen is another case, if we start talking about her you won't have time to learn about yourself."

That was fine with me.

I was just interested in learning about who Ignacia liked. He was literally my brotha from a notha motha.

Kai explained that Kristen was his half-sister from his dad's first marriage. She had a life threatening genetic disorder and when she and Ignacia fell in love they didn't know. She started losing her ability to design which she wanted to make her career out of. She became depressed. She wanted to go through with Euthanasia with Kai's father's permission, but he was on a business trip so she went to the next closest person being Ignacia. Apparently, he approved, but just as she was finishing the dose, he grabbed her and took her to the hospital.

Apparently, without the dose, she would have died within two weeks. The dose instead put her in a comatose state and kept her organs functioning.

Kai had blamed Ignacia for what Kristen had gone through because Ignacia approved it, but later realized that Kristen was in so much pain that all she needed was support.

I gave him a hug as I saw his eyes swell up with tears.

Ding....Dong.....Ding.....Dong.....

"That must be Ethan back with Jae Son."

Kai walks up to the door and opens it.

Instead of Ethan , I see Brielle?

"Brielle? What are you doing here?" I was very confused. I didn't think we would keep in touch after university, just because we had different ambitions that would take us to different places.

I walked up to Kai and hooked my arm around his.

Ethan stared at me and loudly hinted by gritting out: "Your sister-in-law is there instead of Ethan because he had a last minute errand."

Sister-in-law?! When did Ethan and Brielle get together?

I decided to keep quiet as it was still an unknown fact that I had lost my memories.

"Mommy!" Jae Son yelled and ran to me.

Out of reflex, I lowered myself and opened my arms to his embrace

"Welcome home! Put your homework in your room and get ready to eat dinner," I surprised myself with these instructions.

I decided to go to the kitchen after saying good-bye to Brielle. We had been talking for so long, that Kai hadn't cooked, so I decided to make dinner.

I looked in the fridge and found ingredients for omurice.

Basically, there was this sauce in the fridge and smelt sweet and tangy and it reminded me of the sauce I used to make for fried rice. I quickly sautéed some vegetable and found some rice in the fridge.

I was worried about curdling the egg and just as I placed the last omelet onto the rice, I got a painful headache.

Suddenly, I felt dizzy...

Flashback

"Tada! We did it! We did it!" I sang to the Dora theme song.

"Damn, I didn't know you had mad cooking skills," Ignacia commented.

"Ethan can't cook and I'm broke so cooking is the cheapest." I shrug my shoulders. It wasn't too difficult and was kind of like a more chill and arty version of chemistry.

As we dig in Ignacia comments on how the fried rice was good, but needed an omelet. You could say that we were real foodies. When we were young we had this phase where we were obsessed with food, so we decided to memorize all the tastes and smells of spices.

I watched as he made the omelet.

Suddenly, Ethan came in and told Ignacia that they had to leave. They had started a video game company and launched a beta version of their game. They were really busy with looking for investors.

I bid them farewell, but I realized that I created a portion too much. It would go to waste if I kept it in the fridge so I decided to call Kai to come over.

The call was directly forwarded to voicemail.

I decided to just take the food and go next door.

He opened the door and seemed disheveled.

"What are you doing here?" He had a deep voice. I found it really sexy when guys had deep voices.

"I'm here to eat with you. I made too much and my brother and Ignacia left so I am here to offer you food... but I need to ask whether you are allergic to anything." I almost forgot.

"I'm allergic to your existence." He emphasizes the last word and laughs heartily.

"Very funny," he was laughing so much it almost made me want to laugh.

I walk in and he steps aside to make room.

I quickly make myself to his kitchen. It was a similar model house to mine.

I place the plates down and look through his fridge for a drink.

I find pomegranate juice. Damn, it must feel good to not be on a budget in university.

I grab to glasses, rinse them, and pour the juice.

"Come and sit down to eat," I motion to come to the table.

He comes and I sit.

I expect the dinner to go quiet but it gets interesting.

He begins to name off all the spices and ingredients.

"Are you a master chef or something? How are your tastebuds that sensitive?