Chapter 1

Emma's pov

"Sophie!" I shouted shaking my head and then going back to the dishes. Why was burnt egg so hard to get off the damn pan? I cursed under my breath just as I heard the innocent giggle of a three year old racing down the stairs.

"Me here, me here!" Sophie called out clearly pleased with herself as she sat down at the island. The bar stool like chairs were always too tall for her to get up on so I had a special little chair with rungs on so she could climb up and sit at the island. Also it was really funny to see her trying to get up that high,  my little monkey.

"So what is it for breakfast today then darling?" I asked her as I dried the dishes and took off the rubber gloves.

"Pothates!" Sophie said and then her smile fell.

"Try again babe" I said laughing. Whenever Sophie got a word wrong she'd normally realize and she stopped and then tried again.

"Potwetos!" Sophie exclaimed clapping her hands and looking at me with a huge smile on her face. She was always full of cheer.

"So close honey, one more try" I said as I put down the dish and watched Sophie's face scrunch up as she tried to think.

"Pot...atoes" Sophie said seeming confused.

"That's perfect baby. Mashed potatoes it is" I said turning around to grab a pan. I filled it up with water as I took out the already peeled potatoes from the fridge. 

"Beans or cheese or BOTH?" I said laughing as I saw Sophies happy face.

"Both,both,both mummy!" Sophie said as she scooted around in her chair to watch me make her breakfast. 

I placed the pan on the boil and cutting the potatoes in half I placed them in the water. I covered the pan with a lid and turned around to face my daughter.

"So baby do you remember what we're doing today?" I said sitting down next to Sophie and wiping off the tiny bit of toothpaste she had on her cheek.

"Auntie Gemma and then mommy's boots and then lunch at Plelli's!" Sophie said and I ruffled her brown curls.

My boss was called Gemma and she completely loved Sophie and Soph completely loved her back, so whenever I come into work Soph comes along too which is really handy for me because I don't have to hire anyone to watch her. I'd never feel comfortable leaving my baby with a stranger anyways. The plan for today was to go pull a shift and then go shopping for a pair of boots I was dying for and then going for lunch at Pestalli's. Soph called it Plelli's which was hilarious.

"You're right sweetheart. How bout a new dress too hmm?" I asked Soph as I kissed her forehead. 

"No no mommy I want boots too!" Sophie said and I laughed.

"Okay then we'll get you some little boots for your little feet" I said laughing and grabbing hold of Sophie's tiny feet.

Sophie screamed with laughter and thrashed around wildly. I laughed as I rubbed my fingers against the sole of her feet. She was ticklish just like me. I kissed Sophie's cheek as I got up and placed her on my hip as I walked towards the stove. I kept Sophie away from the pan as I lifted up the lid.

"Done?" Sophie asked me as I prodded a fork into the potatoes. 

"Mmm give a little while more" I said as I placed the lid over the pan again.

"Let's get ready while we're waiting Soph" I said and Sophie nodded. She squirmed off of my hip and ran off up the stairs. I followed after Sophie and ran to her room to see what she was doing.  Sophie was bent over practically with her head in her drawer as she looked for her clothes. After about a minute of wildly searching she pulled out a dress with a little gasp. I studied the dress. It was a cute little black dress I had bought for her recently. 

"Okay and what shoes?" I asked Sophie. She ran to me and handed the dress before running to her cupboard and opening them. After studying her five pairs of shoes she pulled out her bright yellow wellies with a smile and showed them to me.

"Not wellies babe, something else" I said laughing. 

Sophie went back to studying her shoes and pulled out a tiny pair of tan chelsea boots.

"Perfect" I said as I handed her the black dress and walked out of the room. I walked into my bedroom and opened my wardrobe. 

"Oh God" I muttered as I studied the mess. Clothes were falling off the hangers and there was a bunch of clothes on the bottom of the wardrobe. I swore mentally. I really needed to clean that up.

"Done,done,done!" Sophie said as she ran into my room dressed up in her clothes. She ran over to me and sat down suddenly at my feet. She looked into my wardrobe and then looked up at me her mouth in a little 'O'

"Wow" She whispered and I nodded and sighed.

"Right my little soldier think you can find me something?" I asked smiling down at Soph. Sophie gasped clearly glad to be given the opportunity. She nodded and dived into the pile of clothes. She dug around in the piles and reemerged with a black skirt and white top.

"This?" She asked me. I nodded and took it from her.

"Thank you baby, I love you" I said as I picked her up and gave her a hug.  Sophie giggled and I put her down. 

"Right" I said to myself as I found a pair of thigh high boots and a black bag to match the outfit. 

"That's perfect" I said to myself smiling down at Sophie. I quickly changed into my clothes while Sofia went digging into my jewellery box. I smoothed down my skirt and adjusted the white top. I looked alright I guess. I stopped looking at myself in the mirror and turned to Sophie. She gasped as she looked at me.

"Princess" She said as she laughed. I walked over to her and placed her on my hip. 

"You're the princess hun" I said as I looked down at what Soph had in her hand.  It was a chunky necklace I forgot I had and some earrings. I took them out of her hand and put her down as I wore them. I turned to Soph and raised my eyebrows as I pulled a ridiculous pose. She giggled as she walked over to me and hugged my boots. I slung my bag over my shoulder and picked up Soph.

"Right. Let's go" I said.

Author's note

Hi guys! It honestly feels like ages since I've updated. Is it just me...? Anyways I really enjoyed writing this chapter. Thank you to my boyfriends adorable little sister for giving me the inspiration. (Her name's Lily and she is my favorite person EVER, don't tell my boyfriend) 

What did ya'll think of this chapter? How's Emma as a mother? I for one LOVE kids what bout ya'll? HERE'S SOMETHING TO MAKE YOU SMILE!