Chapter 9

Emma's POV

A black Range Rover sped around the corner and the wheels let out a deafening screech. I saw the window roll down and what looked like a sniper head poke out from the corner of my eye as I ran to get to my car. A round of bullets rang in the air.

I fired two shots and heard the wheels screech once again as whoever was driving was put off. It swerved into the ATM machine with a loud crash. I looked in to see Sophie looking at me with big eyes, completely fine. I had just touched the driver's door as a bullet hit my paintwork next to my hand. I screamed as the metal bullet hit the car and pulled the door fully open and shoved my key in. I started the engine then pulled the door shut. I put my gun on the dashboard. I could still hear bullets being fired and felt the car shake as they ricocheted. 

"DAMN!" I screamed as I slammed my foot on the gas pedal and swerved violently to get out of the parking lot. 

The Range Rover suddenly reversed and blocked my path.  The front of the car swung out and almost hit mines. I had put my foot on the brake so hard I swung foreward against my will. The gun slipped into my lap.

"Mummy" I heard Sophia say from behind me.

"Not now baby" I said glancing into my mirror and seeing a cut on my forehead. Fucking brilliant.

I looked straight at the darkened windshield of the car to see if i could make out a figure. My mind scanned the glass for anything that looked remotely like Luca. I stared right at where the driver should be sat and even though i couldn't see him he should've been able to see my eyes burning into his head. 

I kept staring as my hand slowly moved to the gears. I pulled it into reverse and suddenly slammed my foot on the pedal and swerved. Immediately shots were fired and i sped towards the actual entrance of the car park I rolled down my window and shot directly at the wheels. The car began to slow down and I got back in my car and swerved onto the main road.

I looked behind me to see the blacked out car roll out behind me. Well fuck