Chapter 7

Emma's pov:

"Wake up!" I whispered shaking Sophie gently. I read somewhere that it was bad to just scream and wake someone from their sleep suddenly so we were going with the slow approach.

"Sophieeeee" I loudly whispered moving the little strands of hair from her face. I straightened up and placed a hand on my back. I felt 80 right now. Sighing, I gently covered Sophie up with her blanket and hoisted her up out of the bed and onto my waist. I turned slowly on my heel and was about to move when I noticed Sophie's favorite toy on the floor. I picked up the fluffy pink animal and held it.

Sophie looked like a little burrito. She. stirred a little rubbing her head into the crook of my neck before her arms went round either side of my neck. I waited for her little snoring sounds before moving. I walked out her room and stopped at the door, leaning against the door frame. I was gonna miss this place, the room I raised Sophie in. 

There were so many memories. The first time she called me mummy was in this room for heaven's sake! It's painful to leave but it's even more painful to have to come face to face with the past again. I closed the door and walked away.

I walked carefully down the stairs and stood on the last step looking around. I loved this house. it was a new beginning and someplace safe for me and Soph. But is any place ever safe when you're running away from something? Or someone? 

I closed my eyes and after taking a deep breath I walked over to the security system and wiped everything. Cameras, names, details all of it. I didn't want to be tracked. I pressed a few buttons and  the huge gate began slowly opening. I entered the code and then set the self destruct on. I had two minutes to get off this property. Checking my watch I sighed. Here we go.

I didn't bother shutting the door as I walked out. I walked into my car and slid Sophie into her car seat gently and tied 3 different belts tightly. I placed her toy in the seat next to her and pulled a seat belt across it too. Smiling, I gently shut the car door and checked the watch. 52 seconds left. 

I opened the door and slid into the driver's seat, pulling the door shut behind me and pushing down the handbrake at the same time. I shoved the key in the engine and reversed quickly before swerving to the right and going slam into the driver's door. I pressed hard on the gas and heard the engine rev as the car sped out of the gate. I turned the steering wheel rapidly and heard the screech of my tires. I lifted my foot off the gas pedal and bought it back down slamming really hard on the accelerator. The car shot forward so fast I was pulled back in my seat.

The engine growled as I rapidly built up speed. I glanced at my watch and turned around.

I could hear the loud bang as the house set alight

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I could hear the loud bang as the house set alight. The car shook and it felt like the ground was shaking as I drove away. 

As I sped down the long road I looked to the left and saw the vast fields spreading out as far as the eye can see. I focused back on the road again but then my brain processed something. I turned to look at the field again and could've sworn I saw a pair of headlights hidden there. I was going so fast that I couldn't see it anymore. 

I sighed and tapped my fingers on the wheel slowly letting myself calm down and the car to go at a less dangerous speed. I checked my mirror and saw Sophie sleeping in the seat totally unaware of what was going on. A sweet smile on her lips as she slept peacefully. 

Author's note:

I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS. THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK IS LIKE KILLING ME. Bless all your little hearts. I really hope you enjoyed that. I'm only getting started. There's so much shit boutta go down. Get ready loves.