Chapter 3

Emma's pov

"This one?" I asked Sophie pointing to another pair of black chunky boots.

"Mmmmmm, no" Sophie said walking past and looking at different shoes. She really wanted a pair to match mine. My boots were black with roses and zips and Soph was looking for something pretty much identical. The trouble was there wasn't any shoes like that her size.

"Ooh this one!" Sophie squealed running to me with a pair of boots. They had the same roses but they didn't have the zips. I wasn't going to point that out though.

"Perfect let's go pay" I said and walked over to the till with the boots in hand. I whipped out my credit card and payed for the boots. The lady thanked me and handed me the bag with the boots inside. Sophie jumped up and down and took my free hand as we walked out of the store. 

"Lunch?" I asked and Sophie nodded.

"Plelli's!" Sophie squealed and I laughed.

"Pestalli's here we come" I said as I set off in the direction of the restaurant. 

We tucked into a huge lunch. We started off with some spicy Donner meat and chips and then we had some chicken salad and finished off with a huge helping of trifle. Sophie loved trifle, especially the custard.

"Num num" Sophie said viciously stabbing her spoon into the trifle and scoffing the stuff in her face.

"Be careful you don't wanna ruin your dress" I said and Sophie looked down at her dress and at the same moment a bit of cream fell down on her dress. We both laughed and I grabbed a napkin and wiped it off her.

I checked my watch and saw it was almost 5pm and the sun was beginning to go down. England and the winter sun. 

After we finished off the trifle and I paid the bill I walked out with Sophie and headed to the parking lot.  I placed all the bags in the boot. We had bought mine and Sophie's boots, a couple of jean jackets, groceries and some cleaning supplies along with a couple toys for Sophie. I strapped Sophie into her child seat and then got into the drivers seat. It was pretty cold so I turned the heat on to the most powerful setting and then put on some music from my own CD. 

"LET IT GOOOOOOOO" Sophie screamed and I smiled as I pulled out of the parking lot. That song never got old.

"Black car, black car, black car, black car, green car, blue car..." Sophie began counting the cars behind our car. 

"How long leffffft?" Sophie asked leaning her head against the window.

"We're almost there Sophes" I said and Sophie smiled. I smiled back. I named her after Sofia and honestly she reminded me so much of her aunt. She just had that ability of making anyone smile. 

I snapped out of my thoughts as I noticed headlights shining into my mirror. I blinked and squinted. I looked back in my mirror to see a car pulling off to another road. Normally no one drove down this long narrow road because it led to different private estates and huge houses. It was surrounded by fields and it was generally just a huge dirt road.

"Two minutes left right mama?" Sophie said as she looked out to the field.

"Yup, nearly there" I said as I drove a bit faster. I finally reached my front gate and typed in the pass code and watched as the huge black gates slid open. It reminded me so much of Luca's house. 

I drove past the gates and they automatically shut behind me. I loved the sound of the wheels crunching on the gravel. I parked the car and then got out. I took Sophie out of the car as I began unloading all the shopping bags. I shut the boot and locked the car before walking over to the front porch. 

I typed in the pass code and placed my finger on the scanner. I was that extra with security. I walked in and Sophie followed me. I put down the bags as I stood at the doorway. I felt a bit off. And I was right every single time when  I felt off. I looked out at the gates but I couldn't see past that. It was too dark and my lights only lit the immediate surroundings. I sighed and shut my front door making sure to lock it twice. 

I walked over to my security system and typed in the pass code. I  made sure all the cameras were on and locked both the front gate and door. That way even if someone was outside and knew the pass code they couldn't come in. There was nothing else I could do. I'm sure it's nothing anyways, just my paranoia