Chapter 12

Sorry its late! Here it is. Enjoy!

.............

"If you are going to shoot me anyways, why bother making me come out? Are you stupid? I could be a back up you know?" Cordilia said coldly and arrogantly, to cover up her anxiousness.

"Snarky little bitch she is" one commented

Cordilia sighed. As she forced her shaking into a halt. She wanted to look braver.

"Who are you" One of the mask assassin asked

"Why asking my name? Dead people can't talk anyways" Cordilia said coldly, trying to act indifferent and size them all up.

"Big words coming from a bitch" another said, however, this one was standing behind Cordilia, raising a knife on her neck.

'System. A gun please' Cordilia pleaded

[Infinite Amo Gun. Cost 5000 points. Host currently has 4,990 points. Still insufficient] the System said, Cordilia was very annoyed.

'Put it on my balance. My life is in danger! I'll pay it later!' Cordilia urgently yelled, the System was reluctant

[Purchase complete. Host currently has balance of 10 points] the system grumbled

Cordilia felt the gun appeared on her hip tucked on her skirt under her cloak. Although she did not know how to use a gun, there is a first time for everything.

"What is your name Girly"

"Cecilia Jane.... Your executioner" Cordilia said coldly before she pulled out the gun and turned around, shooting the person behind her in the head.

BANG!

Cordilia swiftly pulled the person's body to her and turned around, using him as a shield. Just in time an arrow almost nick her cheek.

'So scary!' Cordilia panicked and started shooting randomly.

Either if it was her incredible luck or the halo on her, she manage to kill four other assassins. Elreste was smart enough to duck ok the ground and waited for the idiot woman to start firing whatever she was holding.

Seeing them all down, Cordilia sighed in relief. The adrenaline rush she felt earlier finally subsided as she fell on the ground, on her knees.

Cordilia was scared. Seeing her blood stains hands and the gun.

She just killed someone.

She had killed someone.

Cordilia felt his mind break. Fuck! Even if she used to live in the Modern Era where open minded people flocks about, Cordilia still could not grasp this.

Damn, she just took someone's life. Five of them in one go!

"... I..... I.... Wuuuu" Cordilia cried as she curled herself into a ball, pitifully crying.

There is no saying it more, this would leave a scar in her mind and heart. The gun already disappeared.

[.... Host....] the system wanted to announce the completed mission but choose to keep silent for now.

The system has no human emotion but it can sense that it's host was currently mentally and emotionally unstable right now. So it decided to do it later and keep silence for now. It badly wanted to remind its host that if Cordilia did not kill those people than sue and she and Elreste will die.

Elreste walked over to the crying woman. Truth be told, he hated people whom are weak. At first he wanted to use this girl as a diversion before he made his attack. But who knew, before he can make his move she made hers.

Elreste took decided to watch. The girl was clumsy in her movement, indicating she was not experienced at all. And her aim was not even someone whom could boast about. Although it had caught those assassins off guard, the next time would not be so lucky for her.

And another thing, Elreste paused hearing her name, Elreste remembered that Lily girl's words about a girl looking so much like her Deceased Young Mistress. Before anything else, he almost saw Cordilia's image overlapping this girl.

Same face.

Same melodic voice.

Same speech pattern.

Same sharp tongue.

Same unique, noble, and cold Aura.

Same weird but pleasantly soothing inner energy.

Elreste's subconsciousness screamed 'IT'S HER!' but how could he fool himself? Cordilia died long ago. He knew that! For God's sake, he even retrieved her cold corpse from that tank years ago.

Just remembering it made Elresre's heart contracted. His hatred grew each day for that stupid mastermind has not yet been found til this day. He also hated himself for not being fast enough. And also, he hated Cordilia.

He hated her.

For leaving.

For leaving too suddenly without goodbye.

Elreste had realised long ago that he loved that woman.

In fact, he was planning on chasing her after he settle his matter on his kingdom yet that day happened.

Elreste clenched his fist as he tried to calm himself down.

He walked over to the crying girl. At first he wanted to give his condolence, gratitude and leave however....

That girl, Cecilia, suddenly sprung up and help on his coat. Elreste stared at those big mred eyes like the one Cordilia had but more darker, another pain in his heart.

He. Dislikes. This. Woman. For. Being. Too. Much. Alike. With. Her.

Cecilia's eyes widen considerably with big fat tears leaking from them. Her face flushed from crying as she bit her lip. En, her pitiful crying face really made people wanted to hug her and protect her from her grievances.

Just. Like. Her.

"I.... I didn't.... Meant to... I am not a murderer. I was... I.... I w-want to live.... I... Its not my f-fault.... Wuuuu" Cecilia burst out crying once more.

Elreste was about to through her off when his eyes widen. He shakungly raised his hand and touched the spot on her earlobe.

Cordilia felt a very heavy burden. Not anyone can stomach the fact that they killed someone. She wanted to seek comfort. She doesn't want this.... She wants...

"Take me home..... Please, Elreste san" Cordilia whispered.

She felt Elresre's body froze, Cordilia did not want to bother with this things. All she wanted was to forget this night happens.

"Hm" Elreste patted her head before he scooped her in his arms.

"Where?" he asked, Cordilia ducked her head and buried her face on his chest, staining the cloak with her tears.

"Edna's Library" Cordilia almost whispered out, Elreste began walking towards the town.

'So it really is her. She's back' Elreste looked down at the girl in his arms, already passed out from the mental and emotional exhaustion.

'This time, I Dare You to run away from me again, see if I would shackle you to my side' Elreste thought darkly

[........] 'Host luck on completing Missions without doing almost anything at all would really make my previous host turn green in envy if they would hear this. Oh well' the System shrugged