Chapter 13

Nika almost got a heart attack when she opened the door.

"Cecilia!" Nika exclaimed in surprise before she opened the door wider and ushered Elreste in.

Hearing the commotion. The others came down, including Edna.

"Oh my, dear what happened to you?" Edna felt extremely worried.

Edna carried greatly for Cordilia, after all, she is barren and could not have children. Who would want to marry a woman who could not have children? Edna see Cordilia as her own child. Having to work in the Noble Household back in her younger days, Edna could see it that typical commoners could not see. She knew that Cordilia is of Noble birth. All of the kids are, aside from the slightly airhead Nika.

"Hurry, bring her here" Edna lead Elreste upstairs to the rooms.

"Why is he here?" Alexander frowned in displeasure and uneasiness.

"Yeah, we should definitely change the sign and replace it with 'Villain Adaption Center'" Isaac commented sarcastically, ignoring his brother's question.

It wasn't long before Elreste was kicked out of the room by Edna, although displeased he did not have a choice.

"Aginte"

"Cullen"

(*・_・)===>💥<===(・_・*)

The two had a stare down. Adair stared at the two from back and forth. He felt really dissatisfied. With these two as his rivals, how could he have a chance on Cordilia? Although he does not want to give up, he could not match these two tyrants.

"I wonder how the Kingdom of Gardenia would react that Prince Isaac had knew and hidden the White Jade Flower of the Jade Clan" Elreste sneered coldly

"And I wonder how this whole country will react if they knew of Prince Elreste bringing his troupes from Aginte Empire to Enchantia Country." Isaac shot back.

'Think I am vegetarian?! Threatening this Prince with such things when you yourself is also stained black' Isaac sneered

Once again, the two glared at one another. Lightning sparks flew between their intense gaze.

(💢・_・)===>💥<===(・_・💢)
........

T H E  N E X T  D A Y.....

Cordilia woke up groggily. She stared blankly at the ceiling.

She turned to the side to see Elreste holding her hand. Though he was leaning on the chair and seemed to be asleep.

'What is this idiot doing? Does his neck did not hurt at all?' Cordilia thoughtfully asked then her head turned blank.

"Why is he here?" Cordilia wondered then she remembered what happened last night.

"You're awake" Elreste suddenly spoke, opening his eyes.

Serious and indifferent purple eyes meet her surprised and anguish maroon ones.

"..... Last night... I really did took those people's life" Cordilia paused and closed her eyes and let out an anguish sigh

The two stayed in silence for a few minutes. Cordilia laid there and closed her eyes, trying her best to push the memories on the back of her mind.

"You've gone weaker these past few years" Elreste commented

"What?" Cordilia turned her head and looked at him with confused expression.

"And have gone dumb as well" Elreste added

'Bro, want me to kick you?' Cordilia thought.

"Have you ever thought that if you did not kill them, they will kill you instead? Is your mentality and IQ had taken a nose dive off the cliff as well? I thought this simple logic would be stuck on your brain, turns out I was wrong" Elreste said bluntly

Cordilia paused, she really want to club this man for calling her an idiot but....

"You are right however one must not take one's life so lightly. It does not belong to us" Cordilia said and let out a depressed sigh.

"So..... You are alive these past few years yet you still have not returned. Taking pains to hide yourself and even colored your hair" Elreste said

Cordilia looked at him with alertness in her eyes.

"You.... You knew" Cordilia's eyes widen.

"Behind your right ear is a tattoo of the Aginte insignia. Signifies that....... That the person whom has it has significant importance to the Royal Family" Elreste said as he rubbed his sore neck casually as if there was nothing wrong.

Cordilia touched the back of her ear and clenched her fist.

"I don't want to go back. I don't want to be tied down and involved into those Shenanigans and the Noble Circle" Cordilia said, telling half the truth.

"I see." Elreste paused before remembering about the people downstairs.

His expression became gloomy and dark as if stormy is coming.

"Then why is the two missing Princes from Red Willow Kingdom, the Missing Son od the Marquis Azurite, and the Head Maid Servant of the Emperor of Aginte Empire in this house?" Elreste demanded

Cordilia's brows raised hearing that.

'Why is it his business?' Cordilia scoffed

However, seeing his dark expression, Cordilia wanted to proceed with cautious, else this time bomb will explode.

"They are my workers. They ran away from home, not wanting to deal things that has to do with their family and responsibilities" Cordilia said, Elreste doesn't seemed to believe her but his expression lighten up a bit, but not completely subsided.

The two stayed in silent before they heard a loud grumbled.

Cordilia coughed on her fist awkwardly. She was hungry it seems. How embarrassing.

~(O////_////O)~

"Come on, you should eat something" Elreste sighed and helped Cordilia sat up.

"I can do it myself" Cordilia said, Elreste expertly dodged her hands and shoved the spoon filled with porridge in her mouth that was open from speaking.

"Be good and eat" Elreste said seriously.

Cordilia chewed lightly and swallowed.

'Feeding someone with such a serious expression is.....quite funny and cute.' Cordilia thought and laughed inwardly.

That was until the pink atmosphere was destroyed by System.

[Mission Complete: Possessing the Heart of the Lion. Saving the Hidden Mini Boss with style] The system said

Cordilia almost choke on the porridge hearing that.

"Eating porridge, is it possible for someone to choke? Really, you seemed to have gone dumb" Elreste sighed and patted Cordilia's back and handed a glass of water

'YOUR MOM!!! IT'S NOT MY FAULT OKAY?!?!' Cordilia's impulse on taking her gun from the space and shoot this guy really runs strong, using all her self restrain to not kill this one.