Chapter Six • Samantha

smut warning :)

My breathing was shallow and harsh as I walked up the steps of the Danvers' house, sweat sticking to my palms.

Alex had texted me that she was back this afternoon and again only a few minutes ago, saying that Kara wasn't home. There was a lot of hesitation. I knew it was a bad idea for me to come here but I had to see her, just one last time before I told her it was me or her. She had to choose.

I raised my hand to the doorbell, fear piercing through me as I took a deep breath before tapping the small button. I could hear the content bell sound echoing throughout the house before footsteps followed after.

The door opened, and there she was. In all her glory, Alex Danvers was standing in front of me, a smirk plastered on her lips.

She looked different, although it hadn't been a very long time since I had last saw her. Her hair was much shorter, shaved at the sides, but just as fitting to her as it had been before. Her physique had filled out with more muscle and it made me dizzy for a moment. What had she been doing while she was gone?

"Sam...." She murmured quietly as I looked up to her, not realizing there were tears in my eyes.

I fell forward into her arms, hanging on for dear life as she took the blow easily. Her muscular arms concealed me in an embrace that no one could match, making me feel safe and at home like many times before.

"Baby..." Alex murmured again, the hand against my hair holding my head to her chest gently.

I let my emotions go, crying into her shirt as she stroked my hair, kicking the door shut with her foot.

"I missed you so much," I whispered as she angled my head up, wiping my tears with her thumbs.

"Don't cry. I'm here now. I'm not going anywhere."

I wanted to kiss her so badly and I knew that look on her face. She wanted me, but it was wrong. She had a girlfriend.

Slowly, she leaned down, letting her lips graze mine, just to test the waters. I wanted to resist but I couldn't deny myself. I closed my eyes, pressing my lips against hers as I let go.

Alex's body radiated warmth as she moved her hands to my face, holding us together. When our lips finally parted, she breathed deeply, still leaning her forehead against mine. "How long can you stay?" She asked gently as she kissed my forehead.

"A few hours," I answered as she pulled away, meeting my eyes. Oh Alex Danvers, you were never good at hiding your intentions. Her brown eyes were filled with a soft intimacy that I knew all too well.

The way her hands came to run across my hip was an indicator of everything she wanted and more. I had came to do one thing, to tell Alex she had to decide between Maggie or I. But I couldn't, not when she looked at me like that.

"Do you want to come upstairs?" She asked quietly, already backing away and pulling me towards the staircase with a sensual gaze. There was the moment of hesitation that I held. Concern, sin, guilt, it all toppled over as my teeth snagged by bottom lip.

"well, if you insist," I answered easily, watching as Alex looked at me with a gaze meant for so much more than just talking.

We walked up the stairs, and you would think that I would've stopped, but I didn't. The want to fight these feelings was strong, but the attraction to Alex was stronger. You can assume who won.

Her hands were calloused, but somehow still soft. I wondered how it was possible to be in between like that. I had always felt as if my hands were soft and dainty, but Alex's were perfect. Don't ask why I think so much about her hands, for even I don't know the answer. It's probably because my gaze was trained on our conjoined hold, watching as her thumb ran over the back of my hand. She always treated me so fragile...I wondered if she was the same with Maggie.