𝟏𝟎

❝they say 'follow your heart,' but if your heart is shattered into a million pieces, which piece do you follow?❞

BEFORE all of us would have to say goodbye, I wanted to do something special for the gang, especially my brothers. I wanted to make sure that they knew that I would miss them and I wanted to let them know that I love them with all of my heart. The guys didn't know what would happen, but I sure did.

Darry took me to play football with him, just like the good ole days. Two-Bit took me for a day around the town, and Steve and Soda taught me how to fix a few cars at the DX. Pony and Johnny took me to the drive-in to watch some movies while the night was still young. I enjoyed them all. They all meant so much to me.

The one day that I'll always truly remember, belonged to Dallas Winston. One evening, when the sun was setting, he walked me over to the lot. There, in the tall grass, was a picnic set up and some soft music playing through a stereo.

I could remember smiling softly at him, my face all smiley. The butterflies in my stomach almost made me feel sick, but the presence of Dally helped me. We sat down and ate the food, laughing and all happy. Then Dallas did something I never would have expected.

He took me by the hands and gently pulled me up, just as the song 'The Way You Look Tonight' by Frank Sinatra began to play in the background. Dallas began to slow dance with me, twirling me around softly, allowing an occasional giggle to escape from my lips. We swayed softly against the wind, happy to be in each other's embrace.

I didn't really know that I liked Dallas Winston up until this moment. When he began to dance with me, the first thing that came to my mind was, 'It's you. It's always been you.'

Dally would smile down softly at me and I would smile back, my eyes meeting his own. Right then and there, Dally had meant something more to me than I ever thought he would have. I was falling for this boy, and hard. There was no denying it.

Every time he'd look at me, the butterflies in my stomach would go pounding away. His eyes as cold as blazing ice never failed to entice me, and oh god, his smile. His damn smile. It was the best thing, not to mention the fact that his personality would change drastically around me.

I never thought that mean, tough, cold-blooded Dallas Tucker Winston would fall in love. That thought never even crossed my mind once, but he was in love with me. I couldn't figure out how, or why, but he was. In all honesty, I didn't mind it a bit.

When the song was at its peak, Dallas looked down upon me. He bent over slightly, pulling me closer to him. "You look perfect." he whispered in my ear, and I would blush ever-so-slightly. Boy, was I in love with this boy.

It seemed as if time had stopped when Dallas made his next move. In the blink of an eye, his soft lips connected with mine, a million sparks going on between us. I know it sounds really cliché, but my heart shot through the roof. Dallas Winston had just kissed me!

Dallas Tucker Winston, the boy who everyone believed didn't have the ability to love, had just kissed me! I was in disbelief; this had to just be a dream. I would wake up to the cold, cruel world, ready to be judged for my every fucking move, right?

Wrong. "I love you, Logan Faye Curtis." were the six words that had escaped his mouth next. I smiled softly, but the words wouldn't come to me. I wanted to desperately blurt out, "I love you too, Dallas!" but my voice refused to work. Suddenly, a pang of guilt washed over me.

Darry would never approve of this. He was too scared of me getting hurt, but it wouldn't matter, anyway. I would be gone the next day anyway, so I decided to go for it. Darry didn't have to find out.

"I-I love you too, Dallas Winston." I managed out, out of breath. His forehead rested against mine, and I laughed ever so slightly. Dallas Winston had found somebody to love, and that (lucky) somebody was me.

Dally suddenly unwrapped something from around his neck, and it took me awhile to process what it was. A piece of shining silver glimmered in the moonlight, and that's when I realized what he was giving me.

His Christopher necklace. He was giving me his Christopher necklace. You would rarely find a time when Dallas wasn't wearing it; it was always there with him. I almost hesitated, but I pulled my long hair out of the way as he wrapped it around my neck.

"Now you'll always have a piece of me with you." he whispered, kissing me on the top of the head. I smiled, and wrapped my arms around his waist.

I was the happiest that I had been in ages, but it still wasn't enough.

Dallas hugged me back and laughed, looking down upon me. He towered over me, let's just say that. I grabbed his hand and led him back to the blanket, and we gently sat down. Dally put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer, and I felt safe in his protective and loving embrace.

I pointed up at the sky, and whispered softly, "See that crab? That's my sign, I'm a Cancer."

"And what am I?" he asked, meeting my gaze.

"You're a Scorpio." I whispered, and told him what the constellation would look like. Dally spent the rest of the time in the lot trying to locate Scorpio, and failed.

This would definitely be an amazing last night looking at the constellations, before becoming a star of my own in the night sky.

ramonafIowers ;)))

a/n: you matter. please stay. i love you. remember there is a light at the end tunnel. if it's not okay, it's not the end. the national suicide prevention lifeline is 1800-273-8255.