forty two

Brad

It's been weeks since I've been home or seen Sofia and Barnaby and being apart from them was really taking its toll on me. As much as I love touring I wanted to be home. I wanted to be with them. I was sitting on the tour bus with the boys looking at photos Sofia had sent me of Barnaby. I was missing them both.

Joe could see it. He knew from me messing up at rehearsals and crying whilst singing Missing You last night that I was upset.

"Maybe you should go home for a few days Brad" Joe suggested

"No" I shook my head. "Tour isn't over yet"

Joe hesitantly looked at me "we have a week off. Take that week and go spend it with your family. We all know you're missing Sofia and Barnaby"

I knew I couldn't fight him on this. I nodded and booked a flight home, not telling Sofia as I wanted to surprise her.

After a long 10 hour flight I was finally back in London. I took an Uber back to the house. My Mum's car parked neatly on the pathway outside our house. It was the evening time and I knew Sofia would either be in bed or getting ready for bed. I smiled to myself and walked up the long driveway, my bag in tow and made my way to the door, pressing my finger on the doorbell. I stood back and waited.

The door opened to reveal a tired Sofia, who for a moment didn't realize it was me at the door.

She looked up from the ground and smiled a little "Brad? W-what are you doing home?"

"I have a week off and I thought I'd come home and surprise you" I smiled

Sofia lunges forward and kissed me, something I have missed over the last four weeks. She proceeded to hug me tight, I didn't want to let go. All I wanted to do was stay in her arms. I walked inside with her and was greeted by my Mother.

After catching up, I took a shower and went into Barnaby's room, where Sofia was sitting on the rocking chair, rocking him to sleep. I stood at the door way observing

"He looks more and more like you everyday" Sofia smiled, her gaze still on our son.

"You think so? Because with the photos you send me of him, I think he looks more like you" I chuckled quietly, not wanting to wake the one month old baby.

Jen stood up and placed Barnaby in his crib and made her way over to me. She pecked my lips before hugging me. "It's been hard not having you around the last few weeks"

"Well I'm here now baby" I swayed us back and forth.

We stayed like this for a moment before we went into our bedroom, right next to Barnaby's. Sofia and I spent the night cuddling.

"How long is left of tour when you go back?" She asked

"Ten days" I replied, kissing her temple.

"I wish you didn't have to go back out on the road" she sighed. I knew it was killing her, us being apart. Her having to look after Barnaby without me here.

I cuddled her tighter "I promise that once this tour is over, I'm all yours and there won't be another tour for awhile. Okay?"

Sofia nodded.

"I love you my gorgeous girl"

Sofia looked up at me and pressed our lips together. That's when Barnaby started to cry.

Sofia got up off the bed and I pulled her back down. She looked at me confused.

"You stay here, get comfortable. I go to him" I explained

Sofia smiles as I left the room to check on our son. As I walked in, I turned the light on, and walked over to the crib, taking Barnaby in my arms.

"Hey little guy. Daddy's got you" I yawned, exhausted.

I changed Barnaby and fed him the bottle that Sofia had left prepared in the kitchen. I sat in the rocking chair. Singing him to sleep.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy, when skies are grey
You'll never know dear, how much I love you.
So please don't take my sunshine away" I sung.

Tiny snores filled the room. I stared at him lovingly whilst he slept in my arms. All I wanted was to freeze this moment and stay here forever. "I guess he likes it when you sing to him" I heard Sofia speak.

I moved my gaze from Barnaby up to Sofia and smiled as her sleepy figure leaned against the doorframe. "You look very beautiful right now" I stated. She always looked beautiful.

Sofia walked over to the rocking chair and placed a hand on my shoulder. I pulled her onto my lap, as my other arm supported Barnaby sleeping. "I have everything I could ever want right here in my arms. My gorgeous girl, and my boy. I am the luckiest man alive" I teared up. Overcome with emotion. You could take away my career, the music and the band from my life and none of that would matter. The only thing that matters to me is my family. And they will always be the loves of my life.