15

Aubrey Valentina

My sprint was short lived.

I was running with all my might and suddenly three black SUVs were chasing me down the road. Some were yelling in another language, while others were shooting the ground near my feet to stop me. It was all happening so fast but I kept on running.

A red car zoomed in front of me and the passenger door opened. I was thrown inside and we went speeding off into the distance.

"You thought you could just leave like that?" Anderson shouts.

"W-What's happening?"

Barbara flicks me in the head. "They found you so we are heading to Russia!"

"R-Russia? Why would we go there?" I ask.

"Because that is where it all started. We aren't part of the Mafia for nothing, stupid child," Anderson replies.

"The m-mafia?"

"Your stupid little father, Stefano, thought he could get you but he was wrong again," Barbara laughs while shooting at the cars behind us.

"Valentina, you are our weapon against the Italian. Your name is Valentina Aurora Romano, but I think you already know that. We saw that the photo was missing. You have already met some of your family so we had to leave San Fran before you and everyone else put all the pieces together. As second in command for Sharapov it was our job to keep you away from your family," Anderson explains.

I feel like my mind was going to explode. "Who did I meet? Who were they?"

"Isabella and Antonio Cartwright are Marina and Lorenzo. Harper is your younger sister, Venice, and that little boy you saw with 'Gabriella Cartwright' is your younger brother, Luca. And your mom is Laura, aka Gabriella. The whole family switched their middle and first names and changed their last name in order to stay low while finding you. They are smart for that. They moved to the US about four years ago but had people looking out since you went missing. You have one determined family. I would have given up by now," says Barbara as I start to cry.

"And our names aren't Barbara and Anderson. We are Natasha and Zach Petrov," finishes Zach.

"Um okay, Zach. If it was your job to keep me away from them why did you have to hurt me so bad."

"Because it was fun."

• • •

We reached an isolated area where the private jet was stationed. Barbara, well Natasha, had her grip on my arm, pulling me towards the jet. There was no use in trying to escape because they had their people pointing their guns toward me. I knew they didn't want me dead but that wouldn't stop them from shooting my leg or something.

"Time to see Sergei Sharapov, Valentina," said Zach.

That name was so familiar but I couldn't put I couldn't put a face to the name.

"You met him when you were twelve. He came to visit us in Washington," Natasha says, answering my thoughts.

She picks up my wrist and flips over the bracelet. The blinking light I saw earlier was no longer flashing. "Good Napoleon has done his job."

.

10 hours later and we arrive in Moscow, Russia. We drive to a secluded mansion and a man in an expensive suit is standing near the door.

"Hello Petrov. And hello Valentina Romano," the man smiles.

"I am Sergei Sharapov, the Russian Mafia leader," he continues.

I stare in shock. A mass murder and crazy-powerful man is standing right in front of me. Two men are behind him with machine guns. What a warm welcome.

"Hello, Sir," I whisper.

"Come. Follow me," he smiles, placing a hand on my back.

I'm guessing I have no choice so I walk with him through the large house. We go up the stairs and he shows me to a room.

"You'll be staying here."

And then he leaves me in the large white room. The door clicks, signaling that the door is locked.

I walk around and see a closet filled with clothes, a bathroom, and a mini fridge. Does he just expect me to stay in here forever!

I feel gross so I take a shower and put on some sweatpants and a T-shirt.

I just hope that my family can find me.

Sergei Sharapov

Here in front of me is one of the most important person in my plan, Valentina Aurora Romano.

She is a timid young girl who is probably confused out of her mind. She must think everything is her fault.

Now all I have to do is wait for Dante to bring her two older siblings in two hours.

Then the war can truly begin.

Romano has nothing on me.