30: epilogue

Aubrey Valentina

The Mafia.

More specifically, the Italian Mafia.

I had it all planned it out.

1) Continue training in America.
2) Graduate with a Business Major
3) Learn the ins and outs with Damon (Dad's next in line)
4) Take over by the time I am 25 without Dad figuring out

It may seem crazy to the average person but I'm no average girl. I've been abused for mostly my whole life and I needed this change. I loved the thrill. The power. Nothing was going to stop me and I was already so close to it. First stop: Get to college.

I just landed in California after thirteen hour plane ride. First class was nice, but I was alone and hated heights.

Dad had one of his men in California get a driver to pick me up. The kind man held a sign with my name on it.

Valentina Aubrey Romano.

I greeted the talk guy and we walked to the black car. He turned on the radio and I hummed along to the upbeat song.

Everyone at home calls me Valentina. But here I preferred either name. My plan was to get to UCLA, find my dorm and take a tour. I really wanted to change out of these clothes and take a nice hot shower.

The dorms were co-ed and I could only hope that they paired me up with another girl. I felt weird here. I just turned seventeen, and I was already a college student.

"Here's your stop, Miss. Your bags have already been dropped off to your room and Boss has a car being dropped off for you promptly. Have a great stay," he says.

"Thank you, Javier."

I walk on campus and see everyone minding their own business. I take my carryon bag with me and start walking to the front entrance.

"Hello. My name is Valentina Aubrey Romano. I'm here to pick up my class schedule and dorm key." I say to the lady behind the desk.

"Oh yes, Aubrey. We got the call and I'm glad to welcome you here to UCLA. Your in Dorm 115. It's in Building 2 near the Mathematics Wing. Your roommate checked in a few hours ago. Here's your schedule and key."

I smile at her. "Thank you."

I look down at my attire. I had leggings and a purple sweater that was actually Lorenzo's. My hair was in a messy bun and I was wearing my glasses. I really could use a shower.

I go to the wing the lady directed me in. I guess my roommate wasn't in here yet so I went through my suitcase and started unpacking. I had a collage of family pictures that I would need to hang up when I get back. I put the photos back in my suitcase for now. There was photos of me and each of my siblings. And a few with my parents. I had a polaroid of me and Maia on here as well. I never got her phone number so I could never contact her. I also had a picture of me and Tyler from one of our car rides. We kinda left each other on a sour note, but he was still my friend. I wonder how he's doing?

I put all my clothes into my closet and decorated the wall near my twin sized bed with pretty fairly lights. Now it felt like home. I took a shower and put on an outfit.

Tours started in 15 minutes so I went down to get a coffee

"Everyone for the first business major tour make your way to the main lobby. I repeat—-"

I started rushing and made it to a large crowd. I looked around and saw a girl in a cute floral dress, staring around. I usually don't initiate friendships but I felt confident.

So I walked up to her.

"Hello. I'm Valentina but some people call me Aubrey. Let's be friends!"

She looks at me funny. Then she laughs. "I know who you are. And I'm Evie. Evie Collins."

"Uh. Hey Evie. How do you know me, as you so funnily put it," I ask. Now I was confused.

"You were the missing daughter of that famous business man, Stefano Romano. I remember you from one of my mom's magazines." She says.

"Oh," I say dumbly.

"No one would really know that unless you told them. I'm just into a lot of gossip magazines."

I sigh in relief. "Thank goodness. Now let's go before we get lost."

"I like your outfit," she says as I drag her towards the moving crowd.

"Thanks. My sister designed the whole thing."

-/-

The tour was really helpful so I shouldn't get lost. Evie and I were going to the cafe for dinner and then I was going back to my dorm.

I bought myself a pasta, a water and a chocolate chip cookie. The pasta wasn't as good as my mother's but it would be fine.

We finished up about twenty minutes later. When I got to my door there was sign that said

Don't disturb

Hell, this was my room. Of course I would disturb. I don't know my roommate thinks she or he may be but this isn't happening!

I put my key card against the scanner and saw a particular boy having a heated make-out session with a girl. Naked might I add. How do I keep ending up in these situations?!

I turned on the light and look away from the couple. "I have a player for a roommate. Seriously?"

I peered through my eyes to see that my new roommate was definitely male due to the dark blue decor and colognes lined up on his dresser. Hopefully he wasn't a total douche.

"Aubrey?"

I uncover my eyes and see that beautiful face.

"Tyler?"

.