28

Aubrey Valentina

So after I got back, only a few minutes after Dad ordered me to his office.

"What happened?!" asks Marina. She was staring at my arm, which juts so happened to have blood— that wasn't mine.

"Don't worry about it."

I calmly walk to his office and close the door behind me.

"Sit."

He sounds mad. But I did what I felt was right.

"Why Valentina? I specifically told you that I would allow you till kill them! You just got here and are already disobeying—"

"You don't understand what they have done to me! They tortured me every single day! For seven years! I was miserable, depressed, hell I was even suicidal. They kidnapped me for 16 years! I could've been just like Marina and Venice. I could have been part of this family. I wouldn't need to learn a new language or learn how to love myself again! They deserved death! But it wasn't complete their fault, Sergei planned the whole thing! And for what reason? Because of you! I could have been safe and NORMAL! But I'm not. I'm a complete and utter mess. And you're gonna have to live with than Dad. I'm gonna have to live with that."

And with that said, I left and went up to my room.

I didn't eat dinner last night. Instead I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up the next day to Marina rummaging through my closet, throwing an outfit together.

"What are you doing," I ask groggily.

"I heard that you had a fight with dad so we are going shopping for Christmas presents. Now get ready, you kinda look like a mess."

She handed me and outfit and I went to my bathroom. I showered last night so I just washed my face and put my hair in a ponytail. My eyes were slightly puffy but after a little makeup it became less noticeable.

"You're glasses came this morning, put them on," she says after I got dressed in a white sweater, black jeans, a denim jacket and cute tan tennis shoes

The glasses matched my face perfectly. I actually liked the way it looked, and I could always wear the contacts if I wanted too.

"Cute, now lets go!"

She brings me to one of her cars. Yes, that's right. She has two cars! One from Italy and the other one she used in America.

She decided to take her Tesla like it was a hard decision and told me to get in.

.

When we arrived at the mall we went to the food court for some food.

I got a slice of pizza and let's just say it was one of the best things I've ever tasted.

We went to a bunch of designer stores, as well as some more affordable places. Marina has this card that linked with Dad's bank account. We got a few things for ourselves as well as presents for the family. I had to hide what I got for her so she wouldn't notice.

This would be my first Christmas and I was very excited.

-/-

"Dad, I want to say sorry. I didn't mean it, and I was inconsiderate. You were the one who found me and I seemed so ungrateful and I—"

He sighed. "Valentina, I understand where you are coming from. I don't know how you're still fine and not losing your mind. You killed two people! My daughter killed two people, and I'm not okay with it! But I'm sorry for not seeing it from your perspective, mia principessa."

And we hugged it out.

Maybe this would be a good thing....

-/-

The rest of my day was spent hanging out with the family and getting a head start on my English and Math classes.

College Application deadlines were coming up in January and I needed to start them. Part of me wants to go back to California. I'm thinking about UCLA, because I don't think I'm interested in Stanford. Too competitive for little ol' me.

I want to major in business. I thought of becoming an activist for bullying or abuse— but I didn't want the constant reminder of my past. I wasn't completely over all the trauma yet.

Lorenzo was taking over the Italian business and was going to a college in Boston. I thought of applying there with him, but I have my heart set in California. Marina is finishing up some online classes and then she is going to Paris to peruse fashion. She really does have a knack for it.

After putting in my pajamas I went downstairs and saw one of the butlers, I think his name was Felipe.

"Hello Felipe, have you seen my Dad?"

"I think I saw Boss on his way to his office," he answers.

"Of course. Thank you."

I walk to his office and take a seat.

"Dad I want to take over the American business. I'm gonna major in business..."

He smiles. "If you can continue to do well in you studies then we have a deal."

"Dad? Who will take over the mafia?"

"Anyone, but my children." He says seriously.

"Why's that?"

"Because I want a better life for you all. That's why."

"Okay."