Seven

Kayleigh POV

"Hey, you know what I'd like to know? Why send us down today after ninety seven years? What changed?" Finn asked walking up towards Clarke.

"Who cares? I'm just glad they did. I woke up rotting in a cell, and now I'm spinning in a forest." Octavia says while spinning around a tree trying to get Finns attention and slightly pouting when he doesn't glance her way.

"I agree with Tavia. I was suppose to be floated two days ago, and now, now I'm free," I say as Octavia grabs me by my hands and spins me around with her.

"Your birthday was two day ago?" Jasper asks

I just shrug my shoulders, "That's what one of the guards told me."

"Maybe they found something on a satellite, you know, like an old weather satellite or it wasn't a satellite." Monty says looking up to the blue sky

"It wasn't a satellite" Clarke says abruptly causing all of us to turn to her. She stops walking and looks to us, "The Ark is dying. At the current population level, there's roughly three months left of life support, maybe four now that we're gone."

I'm no longer paying attention to anything around me.

The Ark is dying..less than four months and they'll all be gone..

Floated..

No corrupt council to tear apart families, no more unjust laws, no guard.

That alone make me smile. We can really start over here.

I'm snapped out of my thinking when I hear Octavia say, "Good. After what they did to me and Kayleigh, I say, float them all." She grabs my arm and starts dragging me with her going up a small hill and away from the others. I hear Jasper call out, "You don't mean that."

But in all honesty we do. Octavia was forced to hide under the floor, I was raised in a cell. The Ark and the council floated both our mothers.

"Holy shit Kayleigh look!"

I look up and see a lake, on one side is a beach area, on our side a small incline with boulders and large rocks. We both rush foward, the other still too far behind us.

"Come on lets go in!" Octavia says as she sheds her jacket and takes off her socks and boots. I just stand there. "Kayleigh come on, jump in with me. It doesn't look that deep over here."

Wrapping my arms around my middle, I glanced down "I'd rather not Tavia."

Pausing from unbuttoning her pants she turns to look at me.

"Hey." She says gentle coming to stand in front of me. "I've never been able to let loose, or do anything wild and crazy before, and I know you haven't either.. But now we can, lets enjoy it!" She says smiling, making me smile back as well.

She's right. I take off my jacket, boots and socks.

Hesitantly I began to unbutton the black skinny jeans and shimmy them down my legs and see Octavia do the same. I leave my shirt, and undergarments on. Grabbing a hold of Octavias hand we both step up to the ledge.