Seventy-one

Kayleigh POV

The whispers were silent, their voices no longer heard in my head.

Adrenaline replaced the pain. My dreams were gone, they faded away as the world disappeared for me. The wind flowed over me, through me, I could no longer feel Bells lips on mine.

Obisidan let out a loud whine as he heard the loud sound of the engine and hooves approaching us. I clenched my thighs around, as I lowered my body down against his holding the reigns tighter.
I didn't need to give him any verbal commands. It felt like his body paused in movmement, coiled in one breath and in the next, tension had been released and he moved faster.
It had took time, and a lot of cursing on my end, of learning his body langue. Knowing what he wanted, to put us in sync with eachother.

I didn't realise how far beyond we were from the others, or that they had stopped some distance away. There was only the fading sound of a horn that I could vaguely hear over top of my own breathing, as I pulled Obsidian to a stop.
Looking back I saw Octavia dismount walking to the rover and throwing open the door. I could only guess they had found something.

Obsidian shook his head, clearly annoyed. This run wasn't long enough, especially for him.. If he had it his way we'd still be going, to where I don't know, and I almost didn't care.

"Soon." I whispered, taking in the scenery around me. "Soon." I repeated, although I don't know if I was saying it for him or for myself.

All I knew was that after the summit everything would be different. I'd either be hunted down myself or left to run free.

"Kayleigh." My head snapped around watching as Octavia approached the rover not far behind her. "They found a tracking beacon from the Ark.. They want to check it out. Sector 8."

"Azgeda." I breathed out. Obsidian fidgeted. "Lets go, we'll make it there before they do."

"Bell wants you to stay back." At the look I gave get she quickly said, "I'll keep up."

Third Person POV

The rover had stopped right at the border of Sector 8, Ice Nation territory. Octavia, was already dismounted from her house when Monty, Miller, Bellamy and Raven climbed out of the rover. Obsidian was off grazing nearby, and Kayleigh was no where in sight.

"She's scouting up ahead." Octavia tells Bellamy quickly.

Bellamy shakes his head. "These woods the border?"

At Octavias nod, Jasper falls out of the rover asking. "So, where's all the ice?"

"Much farther north," Octavua explains pulling out her sword. "Azgeda stretches for 1,000 miles."

"Good thing we only have to go 200 meters." Monty says looking down at the tablet in his hand.

"Any way you can signal Kayleigh?"

"No, she wouldn't take a radio." Raven tells him.

"Alright." Bellamy says pushing back his worry for Kayleigh. "Remember rules of engagement are non-lethal force. Tight formation on my command." He says before turning back to Raven. "Raven, you stay in the rover."

"Yeah right." She scoffs

"We need every gun we've got." Octavia stresses

"They're coming." Monty calls out, looking down at the tablet. "120 meters. 110." His gaze jerks as he hears the click of a gun. "They're our people what are-?"