Eighty-nine

Third Person POV
*Polis*

Lexa was fast asleep on a couch while Clark was drawing her sleeping form in charcoal. Out of nowhere Lexa jerks awake, gasping, causing Clarke to jump as well. Putting the drawing and charcoal down she crosses over to Lexas side.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, you're okay." Clarke says soothingly as Lexas chest rises and falls quickly. "What were you dreaming about?"

*Flashback*

So many faces of the commanders raced by, each at a different time in life, but the end result all the same.

Death and War.

That's what they were showing me. And a figure shrouded in darkness, killing them all.

Assassin

Kikheda appeared last, she had so many striking similarities to Kayleigh, but there was a few subtle differences between the two. Kikhedas' eyes were bigger and more darker. Small and lean, her skin decorated in scars, some were light and smooth, others thick and jagged, each one telling a story. It didn't take away from the beauty that she was, even with the ominous air surrounding her.

I watched as a figure appeared in front of her, the same body shrouded in darkness, the energy around him screamed male. A light shown in Kikheda eyes as she pulled the man into her embrace. The man held her close pressing a kiss to the top of her head, and a small smile playing at the edge of her lips.

But it changes, and Kikhedas face quickly morphs to one of shock and then confusion, as the man plunges a blade deep into her back.

With one more push, Kikheda lets out a gargled gasp, the blade making its way to her heart.

"ai..loved yu." She says with despair.

"I know."

*End of flashback*

"Commanders before me, they speak to me in my sleep." Lexa finally replies. "I saw their deaths. At war, at the hands of an assassin."

"It was just a nightmare."

"No." Lexa says gravely. "No, it's a warning. They think I'm betraying their legacy. Jus drein jus daun has always, always been the way of our people."

"Listen to me. A cease-fire is not a betrayal." Clarke says grabbing onto Lexas hands. "What you did on that battlefield stopped a war. Your legacy will be peace."

"They sent a warning for Kayleigh as well." Lexa says pulling away getting up to leave, when she spots the picture. She picks it up, careful not to touch any of the charcoal on the page.

"What do you mean there's a warning for-Oh, that's - it's not finished yet." Clarke says anxiously, trailing behind her.

Lexa looks up for the drawing in her hand to Clarke. They stare deep into each other's eyes, as the energy between them starts to change. Before either could do or saying anything, there's a knock at the door.

"Enter." Lexa calls out handing the drawing back over to Clarke

"Pardon me, Heda." Titus says as he enter with two guards carrying a large box. "I didn't realize you were busy." And you could hear the snideness in his voice as he looks at Clarke.