Chapter Fourteen

Sometimes, we do things on impulse. Sometimes, we do something we know we shouldn't have, but still do it. Who knows why? It could be crave, love, jealousy, pain, hurt, anything.

That's what Betty Cooper did that night. And it all started, with a game of Truth Or Dare.

Betty supposed the game started off easy. Simple things like, who was your first crush? First kiss? Most embarrassing moment? Scariest experience? Subtle things like that.

But it's when the dares kicked in... everything changed.

"So, Betty, I dare you to kiss Jughead," Veronica randomly chirped, almost causing both Betty herself and Jughead to choke on the drinks they were both swallowing.

"V, you didn't even ask me truth or dare," Betty laughed, trying to brush off this horrendous dare.

"Don't care, Betty. You've had too many truths, besides, what have you got to lose? You both apparently hate each other right? It's a kiss, no big deal," Veronica replied.

Betty scoffed. "I'm not kissing him, V. Next person."

"But—"

"No buts, Veronica Lodge. End of conversation." Betty knew she was being a bit harsh, but she couldn't kiss Jughead. Especially after he friend zoned her.

Veronica took the hint and shut up, but still gave Betty a confused and wary look, which she ignored. Everyone seemed on edge and a bit tense after that, even Jughead barely looked at Betty. He wouldn't make eye contact with her, and she was so confused as to why.

After about another 20-30 minutes of awkward small talk, everyone decided to get out of the hot tub and go back inside to go to bed. Although Betty decided to stay in herself for a while longer. She would've preferred to go to bed when everyone else was already sleeping, because she knew she killed the mood.

After sitting by herself in the tub for maybe 5 minutes, Jughead appeared outside alone, and sat on the edge of the hot tub, not saying anything, just staring off into space.

Betty knew she was responsible for her probable over exaggeration earlier. It's not that she didn't want to kiss Jughead, she couldn't.

Betty was always one to confess her mistakes and admit that she was wrong, and she knew Jughead was upset. He had made the first move by even coming out to her again, when he could've easily left it, so of course she owed him an apology. So she spoke first.

"I'm sorry, Jughead. For earlier. Just know that I'm aware that I caused the tension between everyone and I didn't mean to."

Jughead looked up at her for the first time since coming outside, or in fact the whole night and stared at her hardly. She didn't know if he was angry, but she was assuming he was. She opened her mouth to speak again, but he cut in before she could speak.

"It's not me you should apologise to, it's Veronica. She was pretty upset in there." As he spoke, he climbed into the hot tub and sat next to her.

"Yeah, I know. I'm such a drama queen and I know she didn't deserve that. I don't even know why I cared so much about the dare it was just—"

"Sheesh, Betts. That was harsh. I was kinda offended that you thought I was disgusting and didn't wanna kiss me, even for a stupid dare," Jughead interrupted.

Betty, for once, winced, seeing the actual hurt on his face and in his tone. He seemed genuinely hurt, and her heart broke.

"No, no Jug. I don't think you're disgusting. You're actually probably the coolest, most unique and interesting guy I know." Betty looked at him and smiled. He finally looked up at her from where his head hung low and gave her a faint smile.

"And you're hot. I definitely did wanna kiss you. Wait, no. It's not that I didn't, I did, but, then, no. Wait. Oh my god. I'm just making this worse aren't I? I did, but that's not what I mea—" Jughead cut her off as he chuckled at her cuteness.

He pulled her chin up towards him, as her head hung in embarrassment.
Once they both looked at each other, they smiled, staring into the other's eyes. Jughead tilted his head to the side and smirked, faces close.
"Betty Cooper. Did you just call me hot?"
Betty closed her eyes and winced in humiliation.
She let out a quiet giggle, as Jughead chuckled and returned their gazed to one another.

"Well, I think you're hot, too." Jughead smiled.

And that, that is where Betty Cooper made the big mistake.

She leaned in, and he leaned in, and it just happened. They kissed. Slowly. And it was actually nice. Betty enjoyed it.

But slow turned to long, turned to fast, to sloppy, to Betty manoeuvring and straddling Jughead, her arms wrapping around his neck as his rested on either side of her waist. It was fast and in rhythm and their lips moved in sync, as if made for each other.

And that was where Betty Cooper's night led her.
She'd always dreamed about making out with someone in a hot tub. The steamy, seductive romance of it all. And it seems, that's what happened. Although, she didn't think it'd be with her annoying, rude, but yet nice and hot student. But... when life gives you a rude/ nice hot guy, well, make out with them in a hot tub.

A/N
Again, I'm incredibly sorry for the inactivity and lack of updates. I'm trying to balance writing with school and it's hard as I'm really focusing on my exams etc..

Thank you all again for your kind messages and support on my book it really means the world.

I love you all and thank you for understanding and bearing with me!

~ @xbugheadsx ❤️