Chapter 5

"You just want your little secret kept quiet right? I won't say any word as long as none of you vampires come near me. Quite simple isn't it?"

"Hana-chan! You'll do that for us?" the headmaster cried happily but ignorant of her change in attitude since the last time he talked with her.

Hana only crossed her arms and nodded.

She looked at Kaname's eyes a bit intimidated. Come on, he is a vampire! The girl watched as he narrowed his eyes a bit before closing it with a sigh. "I'll leave this to you Headmaster Cross..." he said and walked out of the room.

Once he was out of the room, the atmosphere suddenly changed... and it actually frightened Hana. The headmaster became quiet, his glasses glinting a bit as he approached her slowly. She put up her guard as he came beside her slipping his glasses off. Purple eyes crashed with hazel eyes as he leaned in placing his arms around her.

With a hushed whisper he said, "Hana, I hope you keep to your promise well." He then got up placing his glasses back on. Hana could only stare in horror as he went back into his cheerful personality. "Don't forget! I know Our Hana can keep secrets well! Once you're feeling better, you may leave and... thank you for the chocolates."

The frozen girl watched as the man left the room leaving her alone. What was that? Just thinking about it brought chills down her spine. Hana honestly couldn't believe that was the headmaster. Then again, she has her face behind a mask as well...

It turns out she was only out for a couple of hours and returned to her dorm safely. Hana was for sure not going to have a good night's rest. Good thing there was no school tomorrow, she needed to get out of the school for a day.

Hana could tell it was morning as soft rays of sunlight went through her flowing curtains. She sighed and turned her back from the window trying to get a few minutes of more sleep.

"Unannounced dorm room inspection?!" What?

She could hear Yuki's voice loud and clear followed by a cart rolling down the hall. Many of the girls were in distressed.

"I'm confiscating these!"

"Huh?! What's the problem?! They're just photos!"

"They were all taken without permission, right? That's a big problem!"

"Cross-san, you don't understand!"

That's it, Hana had enough. She jumped out of bed quickly making sure her appearance was okay before opening the door. That startled the crying Day Class student and Yuki.

"Ah... Ikeda-san..." Hana glanced at Yuki knowing she probably still felt awkward about last night. That was good.

Hana smiled at the crying girl and said, "It's okay I totally understand how you feel. Yuki, you can go ahead and check my room." Yuki was totally confused at the situation and could only watch the two-faced beauty comfort the crying girl.

"She's right, Cross, you wouldn't understand!" The three girls looked surprised seeing the class president of Yuki's class. He was behind the wall with a dispirited face. 

"You're abusing your position of the Disciplinary Committee! Acting familiar with the Night Class! A suck-up like you wouldn't understand!" The Day Class president started marching towards her hiding something behind his back. Behind him, Zero appeared grabbing the hidden item. "Confiscated!" 

He threw the photo album into the cart walking away but not without meeting Hana's eyes for a second. She stared at his figure walking away.

"You heard him," Yuki said rolling the cart near Hana's room. Hana gave the girl crying earlier a last pat on the shoulder. She was finally quiet. Hana then followed the prefect.

The older girl leaned against the door frame as the younger one looked through her stuff. Obviously Yuki wouldn't find anything in her room. She wasn't that crazy about Takuma. 

She slowly peaked into the large cart a little bit curious. There were so many photo albums and books inside! There were Hanabusa's, Kaname's, Ruka's, Senri's, Takuma's,and Hana's... Wait what?!

The girl grabbed a few albums having her name on it. "What is this...?"

"Huh, Ikeda-san?" Yuki came over and looked at what she was holding. "Ehhhh?!" 

The two flipped through one that was decorated with hearts and glitter. There were many pictures of her in her school uniform and pajamas. What dreaded Hana the most was the few with her wearing the school swimwear...

"Yuki," she said. The prefect looked at her nervously. "I want you to burn all these books," she commanded and storm back inside her room to get ready to go out.

When she got her permission to leave Cross Academy, the headmaster was the same as usual which didn't surprise her as she was her 'usual' as well.

Instead of her uniform, she wore casual clothing consisting of brown boots, leggings, a coat, and a scarf. It wasn't that cold but she knew the evening will get a bit chilly. Hana first went to the makeup store and then to the lingerie store. She got a new lip gloss and a few matching bras and panties.

To end the day, Hana grabbed a cup of green tea from a cafe and started to head back to the academy.

As she passed by the center of town, she spotted Yuki's quivering figure sitting down. What's up with her. Hana sighed and headed over to her. 

"Yuki?" The girl placed her hand onto the prefect's shoulder breaking her from her trance. 

"Ikeda-san? What are you doing here?"

"Shopping." She lifted up her bags. "What about you?"

"I'm looking for..." Hana saw Yuki look behind her and she looked back to see what it was. It was a red balloon.

A little boy was at the base of the tree with his balloon stuck between the branches. Sucks for him. Doing something Hana wouldn't do, Yuki got up and went towards the boy. Hana felt uneasy.

She followed the younger girl and saw her jump up into the air and watched Yuki successfully get the balloon down. "Here!" Yuki brought the balloon to the little boy. He turned around and ran.

"Huh? Hey, little boy?" Yuki ran after him. 

"Yuki! Wait, that boy--!" Hana dropped her things and ran after the duo.