Chapter 12

"I want you to watch over Zero."

"Excuse me?" she asked.

"Let me rephrase that," he said seriously. "I need you to watch over Zero. Zero told me what happened between you and him. For some reason he had no reaction to your blood. I have no idea why but having you beside him will control his urges."

Hana scoffed at that. "I see what your doing. You rather have me there instead of Yuki. But you should know... Yuki is so naive and innocent. She would still find her way to squeeze herself right into Zero's personal space. I still don't know why I'm now involve with this academy's dirty little secret. I said I would be quiet, not a word from me, but you still seem to find a way to drag me back."

"I know who your father is."

Her heart dropped. "No you don't."

"Here's a hint of what I know, he was a doctor," the headmaster said. "That's the general information I have about him, and I can find out more if... you're willing to cooperate with me."

The Day Class student clenched her fists and stormed out of the room intending to look for Zero.

"Oh Hana darling! He should be in his room!" he shouted after her. Bastard!

Hana didn't bother to knock on Zero's door and stormed in. What she saw surprised her. He was dressed out of his uniform on his bed. In his hand was his gun, and Zero was aiming it at his head. She just walked into an attempt suicide.

Without saying anything, she jumped for the gun successfully getting out of his hands. Unfortunately for her, Zero grabbed her and flipped her under him on the bed. He forced the gun in her hand under his head.

"What exactly do you think you are doing Zero!" Hana barked tightening her grip on the gun.

"Trying to kill myself before I hurt others. I know I'm going to degenerate into a Level E."

She laughed at him. "Are you stupid? You really plan on dying huh. I knew you were kind of a depressing human, oh wait, excuse me vampire, but this is pretty low for somebody like you. Let me tell you straight. You die, that fucking vampire Kaname gets Yuki. You want that? From this stupid, stupid cliche high school shit, I rather have you get Yuki than that monster."

He didn't say anything as his grip loosened on his gun. Hana took that chance and threw it on the ground. 

"Listen, the headmaster told me I need to watch over you, and I can't really do that with you dead. I'm not doing it for you, the headmaster, or Yuki. I'm doing it for my father, so I expect you to work with me yeah?"

She pushed herself up, her face inches from his. She could feel his haggard breath brushing her face. "Apparently I can help."

Hana revealed her injured arm and ripped the bandages.

"You see it? You smell the blood?" She watched as his eyes widened. "But you don't feel the urge right?"

He stared awestruck.

"There's hope," I stated. "Don't lose it just yet. I need you."