Chapter 7

A couple seconds passed and the two Day Class students heard a crash coming from the bottom of the building they were in. Hana immediately stood her guard and started to walk towards the open window to see what was down there. A hand pulled her arm.

"Ikeda-san... We don't know where those... vampires are at."

The older girl gave her a reassuring smile and said, "Don't worry. It's just a peak. Maybe it might be help, plus I have you right?" Yuki nodded hesitantly. Boy she better have her back.

The two girls slowly walked to the edge of the window. With Yuki behind her, Hana gripped onto the frame and slowly poked her head down. Before she saw what exactly was going on, a gunshot was heard followed by the bright glowing runes. She felt the prefect jump back in fright but Hana held her place. Below was Zero! A familiar coat was fluttering as smoke blew from it. Was this how a vampire died?

"Zero!" Hana shouted. The two locked eyes. Then a sudden hysterical laugh filled their ears and Hana choked in her throat. That boy! The vampire saw her looking down and started to rapidly climb up the tower. One, two , three, four! Each jump he came closer and closer to the window. 

Without wasting time, the blonde jumped back and pushed Yuki with all her might. The brunette stumbled all the way back to the other side of the room. When Hana turned around the thing was already inside. He leaped at her and Yuki screamed.

The bite hurt so bad. It felt like those metal hunter traps were clamping down on her right forearm. Right as the boy attacked, Hana shielded herself by raising her arms up. What a wrong decision she made. She thought that her coat would soften the bite but she found out that vampire teeth aren't like regular animals at all the hard way.

"Yuki! Do something! I don't think I can hold off much longer!" she shouted. With its mouth and arm clasping her right arm, the little thing tried to use its other free arm to swipe her face. Oh hell no, she will never get her face scratched up by this thing.

She watched as Yuki ran with her rod and tried to jab at the boy. It worked as it let her go and escaped jump onto the gear turning it. The bell started to ring. The sound resonated from the room into their ear drums. Both girls winced in pain next to each other and covered their ears from the loud rings. Hana heard the rod fall onto the ground. They're doomed.

The vampire's hysterical laughter filled the room as the bell rang. And finally, it attacked them.

They waited for it but it never came. They peaked their eyes opened and was shock. The sunset's rays shown through the window on to the boy, but the vampire seemed somewhat petrified. The two Day Class girls followed the vampire's eyesight to see a long shadow of a man. The man at the window was Kaname! No way?!

"Poor thing... lapsing into this state," he said in all his glory, like a hero finally coming in to save the damsel in distress. Hana hated to admit it but she was glad that he came.

He walked inside the small room with each step scaring the boy into taking the same steps back. The beautiful vampire came behind Yuki who was to her left away from the window. He embraced her covering her eyes with his hand. The older girl looked to him in shock as he looked at her straight in the eyes, irises flashing a dangerous red.

"But..." he said turning back to the vampire boy. "You... hurt someone very dear to me."

The eyes of the little vampire widened in fear as a sudden power surged from the vampire next to Hana. A burst of wind just appeared as if a power turbine was behind them. She automatically clutched the Night Class student's arm as the wind continued to pick up speed and power. Hana shut her eyes tight unable to see what was happening. What was this?!

"Kaname-senpai..." Yuki whispered. The wind died down. When Hana opened her eyes the vampire boy was no where to be seen. "It's over," Kaname said. "You can let go now, unless you still want something to hold on to." 

Immediately Hana dropped her hands from his now wrinkled sleeve of his uniform. "No thank you," she huffed and separated herself from the two lovey-dovey couple. What a third-wheeler she's become. Someone please get her out of here already.

"Th-that boy..." Yuki said and turned to Kaname.

"Level E."

"Level... E?"

"You vampires have rankings in your kind?" Hana butted in. 

He turned to her. "Yes. Level E vampires are the lowest of our kind."

"B-but... " Yuki said. Kaname pinched her cheek to stop her from talking. "Naughty girl. Coming to such a dangerous place... even bringing someone else here..." It was Hana's turn to get stared at. She looked away. Choosing to ignore their touchy touchy moment, Hana remembered Zero. She ran to the window carefully and started to search for any sight of him.

He was no where to be seen... Where did he go?