Chapter 23

There was a moment of pause, and Kaname just smiled at Yuki saying, "Your expression tells me it's the first time you've heard this, Yuki. Are you afraid?"

Despite the younger girl being farther away, Hana could still see the shear shock in her doe eyes. In all honesty, Hana didn't really know how far back the two's relationship goes. But just by looking at Yuki's reaction, the blonde girl could tell it was a fact that she didn't know about Kaname.

Hmm... it seems like Kaname is doing her own job. Vampires and humans... Could they really coexist?

Yuki finally spoke. "I've always been... a bit afraid of you... Kaname. Even now... Although just a little bit."

Beside her, Takuma clapped loudly getting everyone's attention. "Hello! Please don't forget, everyone. It's my birthday today! Celebrate me, please. Hana, Yuki, and Zero are my special guests." 

Hana blushed a bit by the fact on how comfortable Takuma was already with calling her by her first name. It did die down though after she realized that tonight was a celebration for his birthday. Yuki, Zero, and Kaname's drama had already tainted the mood negatively. Hana felt bad for the birthday boy.

After his announcement though, the party continued on as if nothing happened. From the corner of her eyes, Hana saw that Yuki was still sitting next to Kaname with her head down. She guessed that the news about Kaname being a Pureblood has really got into her head.

Perhaps she'll save her after she makes a date with Takuma.

"Takuma, I would love to have lunch with you this weekend," Hana says smiling at the handsome blonde. 

He returns her smile too saying, "Then I'll see you Saturday at noon in front of the gate?"

"It's a date!" Hana replies. "Well, I'm going to head over to where Zero and Yuki are. I haven't spoken much to them since we got here." 

"Go ahead, I'll stay here with Shiki and get some cake," he said nodding over to the quite boy beside him. Hana sends him an okay sign and heads over to where the two prefects were at. Zero was near Kaname and Yuki by the stairs.

He looked really bored just standing there with his arm crossed. Zero's typical stoic glare was put on his face. Yuki still had her head low hugging herself. She must be really uncomfortable sitting there.

If Hana were in her shoes, she would be too. She'd actually hate to sit there, totally bias. 

Right as she was near and was about to greet Zero with a wave, he looked past her in disgust and ran towards the exit covering his nose. Looking back, she saw Takuma with a cut on his finger and Senri licking it. Hana's not gonna lie and say that wasn't a bit... kinky. If Takuma did that to her... Kill herself now. 

Remembering her deal with the headmaster, Hana knew she needed to go after the prefect. There's a chance he could lose control.

Shaking her head, Hana runs after the silver-haired boy out of the party.