Chapter 17

Before they left, Zero told her to go back to her dorm and change out of her uniform. It was awkward for Hana as she changed knowing Zero was standing outside her door with the reasoning of, "So you won't try and escape. What ever that meant.

Hana picked a larger sweater with black tights. She put on a pair of white platformed tennis shoes and tied the bows tight. Her bracelet jingled and she sighed looking at it.

A sudden knock scared the crap out of her. 

"Hurry up!" It was just Zero.

"Yeah yeah, I'm coming sheesh. Let me get my purse," she shouted grabbing it.

Instead of walking towards the headmaster's office, Zero led her in the direction of the entrance of the academy.

"Why are we headed there? Don't tell me we are sneaking out on a date?!" Hana exclaims shivering. "It totally explains the both of us out of uniform."

Zero didn't like her humor. "We're going into town on an errand for the headmaster."

"Ah..."

As they walked near the gate, Hana could see a pop of brown and pink. Of course it wasn't just going to be the two of them.

"Zero!" Yuki waved. It faltered as her eyes met Hana's figure. "Eh? Senpai, what are you doing here?"

Smiling, Hana pinched Zero's back mumbling, "She doesn't know about the whole zap zap?"

He gritted his teeth from the pain. "No." Just great, now Hana needs to come up with a lie.

"Well," Hana started, "I needed to go buy some more women... products." 

"Oh!" Yuki realizes blushing. Hana just wanted to die.

When they got into town, Hana told them she was going to go buy her "women products". It was the perfect opportunity to breathe and get away from the couple. At least now Zero can have some time alone with the idiot.

Hana went inside a convenience store and grabbed a small pack of pads. For a lie to be believed in, the lie has to become true. 

Before paying, Hana went and got some cute stickers that she knew Akasuki would like. 

She headed back to the place Zero said they would be at. While heading there, she flipped through the sticker pages snickering. Akasuki's face will be overjoyed.

A wind suddenly blew one of the pages into a dark alley. Hana stopped dead in her step. Really?!

She looked around and saw that there were people there. If something were to happen, she could scream and people would come rushing. 

Hana was hesitant though. In horror movies, things like this always happen to the main character. The outcomes weren't good either. Plus, the incident last time still haunted the back of her mind.

Then again... Hana spent good money on that sticker page. Akasuki was going to like that one too as it had penguins building snowmen.

Stuffing the other sticker pages into her bag so they too wouldn't get blown away, Hana bravely decides to go retrieve the lost page. It wasn't like she couldn't see it either. It was only a few yards in.

She quickly scampers to the sticker page. As she reaches it, the page flutters again down the dark alley further and around the corner. Kami-san really must have hated her.

Gripping her strap, Hana bit her tongue telling herself to quit being such a baby. She marched deeper in the alley making a turn. It was eerie and quiet, and Hana hated it. 

"Just get the stupid stickers..." Hana said to herself looking for the page. 

She suddenly heard a soft thud from behind her. Oh shit...

Shutting her eyes tight, Hana swung her hanging items with a high pitch yelp behind her.

"Wait-! Ouch! Ikeda-san, it's me!"

"Eh? Takuma!"