Chapter 18

Her heart didn't stop pounding inside her chest, but her shoulders relaxed at the sight of the handsome blonde and his friend Senri.

After collecting herself, she smacked Takuma's chest shouting, "What the heck! I thought you were something else..." 

She was going to say vampire, but ironically he was one.

"Sorry Ikeda-san," he said apologetically rubbing the area she hit. Senri nodded in agreement. "I happened to pick this up and noticed you."

Hana's eyes lit up seeing the sticker page of penguins and snowmen. He hands her it and she beams in happiness, "Thank you..."

He chuckled, "No problem. What are you even doing out of the academy? It's dangerous here." His face got serious.

After putting the stickers away, Hana told them, "I'm out on an errand for the headmaster."

"Just you alone?"

"No, I was with Zero and Yuki. I was actually going back to meet up with them until," she waved her hand around, "this happened. But what are you two doing here? Don't you guys have class?"

"Actually..." Takuma trailed off until Senri interjected.

"It's near."

"What's near-? Ah!" 

All of a sudden, Senri picked her up bridal style. Hana quickly wrapped her arms around his neck and shut her eyes as she felt herself being lifted into the air. 

Hana had heard it first before she saw it. Its laughter was shrilled and nasty as they near the voice.

It wasn't long before Senri placed her down beside him. Opening her eyes, Hana watches in shock as Takuma pulled out a long silver katana and sliced the Level E vampire perfectly in half. It was like that anime with the orange haired samurai. Let's just say Takuma's handsome meter went up a few points.

The Level E then combusted into ashes causing the Day Class girl to cover her eyes. She felt her hair flutter around her. The only thing left was the vampire's trench coat.

Once the dust settled down, it revealed a knee fallen Yuki with Zero holding a rod. It must have been Yuki's.

"Ichijo-senpai... Senri-senpai... and Senpai?" Yuki said in confusion. 

Takuma smiled and sheathed his katana. "All done. Sorry Ikeda-san, we didn't want to leave you there behind." No kidding.

"I wasn't really needed here..." Senri droned out. 

"Why are you two doing this?" Yuki asked getting up. 

"If you're curious..." Takuma began, "Come to the Moon Dormitory tonight."

"Huh?"

He then turned behind him to look at Hana. "I hope you will be there as well."

Wait what?

 "I'll tell you all about it..." he then faced back to Yuki. "The reason why we dealt with the Level E."

Then both men left Hana's side, Takuma giving her a wave before his back was to her. Was it just her, or did both Night Class students became mysterious all of a sudden?

The three Day Class students all looked at each other very confused.

Perhaps now Hana should have realized how deeply involved she is with Cross Academy's secret. There was definitely no way out now. This battle between vampires and humans... Hana was stuck in the very middle.