Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

Memories.

Samantha's Pov:

It was my last day before leaving and I was trying to spend as much time with her as I could.

I sat on my favorite branch as I looked up at Ellie, who was showing off by attempting to climb to the top of the tree. "If you fall I'll laugh at you." I smiled as she stopped to breathe. "Why is it so tall?"

I rolled my eyes. "It's a tree." She looked up for a second and bit her lip. "Im aware of that." She said as she tried to jump onto another branch, lost her footing, and fell into the pile of leaves below me. I started laughing. "You're an idiot." I jumped down and pulled her to her feet. She winced a little and went and sat against the trunk. "Didn't hurt." I rolled my eyes and sat next to her.

I hated how arrogant she was...or tried to be.

"Sammy can I tell you something?" She slipped off her glasses and put them into her jacket pocket. I looked at her and nodded. "Go ahead, Ell." I laid my head against the bark, watching her look out into the distance at the moving trucks. "I like this...person and I don't know if I should tell them." She then looked at me.

I smiled. "Who is he?" She just shook her head and softly sighed. "It's a close friend of mine and I've liked this friend since fourth grade." I tried to think of some guy that she would have the hot's for but no one came in mind. She never even mentioned guys, Ever. She sheepishly looked at the ground and pulled her knees to her chest. "What do I do?" She mumbled, burying her face into them.

I shrugged and looked back at the house not to far from us. "Tell them." I finally said after a long pause. She looked at me again and opened her mouth. I raised an eyebrow and smiled a little. "The hell are you doing?" She closed it and opened it again, choking on air. "You're creeping me out." I said as I stretched out my legs.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Sammy.." She said moving a little closer. I felt my stomach start to ache in discomfort. "Don't move okay." She sat up a little. "Close your eyes." I did as told and closed them.

I heard her moving around a little. "What is this?" I asked, opening them. "Eyes!" I sighed and shut them again, trying not to get too impatient.

I tensed a little as I felt her getting closer than normal. "Ellie, just tell-"

my eyes flew open as I felt her kiss me. I sat there confused as she moved back. "I had to atleast once." She whispered, smiling. I felt my face heat up. "Do it again..."

She had a slightly shocked expression on her face. I smiled and pulled her by her shirt into another kiss. "Sammy...." Her face was redder than fire. I leaned back against the tree. "What?" I looked over at her again. She just blushed and looked at her hands.

I smiled and sighed. I watched as my parents carried out the table and loaded it. "I wish you would've told me earlier, Ell." She shrugged. "I didn't have the balls." I laughed and stood up, starting to walk. "Coming or what?"

"Where we going?" She asked, following me out towards the woods. "Just come on, you'll see." I took her hand and guided her through the thickets and shrubbery. "I come here all the time when I want to be alone, or want some peace and quiet." I jumped up onto a log and walked across a small ditch. "Hurry up, girly." I teased. She wobbled onto the log and stopped. "Seriously?" I started to laugh. She gave me irritated look and quickly walked across it.

I took her hand again and followed the wildflowers that led down a little forsaken path. "Tada!" I said as we finally reached our destination.

It was a small opening on the other side of the woods. There was a gazebo and an open view of the sky, more trees below, and a small stream a few yards from some type of stand. "I assumed it was some type of weird park when I first found it," I said, leaning against an old bench. "I thought it was really stupid." I shrugged and smiled a little. "But, then I noticed that." I pointed out towards the sky.