Chapter 25

2 YEARS later.

The huge glass wall covering the whole side of the room gave the perfect view of the magnificent city. With its highest skyscrapers rising across the Huangpu River, with vehicles moving in slow motion and people in fast pace, Shanghai is a city that's breathtakingly beautiful.

The one admiring the city twists his head when he hears a soft click of the door opening, reveling a man clad in his business suit, who offers him a wide smile the moment he sees the smaller.

"What are you doing here.?" He mutters as he casually strolls into the room, plopping down onto the huge couch in the middle of the room.
"Why.? Cant I come to your office once in a while.??" He asks as he sits opposite the taller, opening the boxes he bought with him.

"Of course you can. Why will I refuse you when you are bringing me all those delicious food you make?"

The shorter chuckles as he pushes forward the box filled with rice and other side dishes, watching amusingly as the taller grabs his chopsticks and digs in almost immediately.

"Today's menu is Korean. Hope you are fine with it."

"Its fine, I was missing Korean food anyway. It's been so long since I had some. And it doesn't matter as long as it is homemade."

"If you really wanted to have some homemade food, why don't you just get married already? How long are you going to make your boyfriend wait.??"

"Actually I wanted to, but he refused. For some obvious reasons I don't know."

The tiny smile on the latter's lips disappears as he looks down and the taller clears his throat, trying to clear the awkwardness.

"I am sorry. Because of me..."
"How many times should I tell you to stop telling me sorry all the time.? It's not like we are breaking up or something and you are the reason behind it. We are just in a long distance relationship, like we always have been."

"But still, I feel guilty for hiding from Tao too."

"You don't have to. I am not telling him and so are you, because you know how much of a big mouth he is."

Luhan chuckles at the last sentence to which Kris smiles wide.

"Finally, Anyway, why aren't you eating.??"

"I did, before coming here."

"And you want me to believe in you."

"I told you I did. The Kimbap's I make are so delicious so there is no way I will not eat them."

"Oh you are right. Well, as for me, It doesn't matter if it's delicious or not, as..."

"As long as it is homemade. I know. Now shut up and eat, don't speak while your moth is full, it's disgusting."

"YA."

***

Luhan walks down the footpath with the empty lunch bag in his hands, as he gazes at the busy streets of Shanghai. It's been two years already but this city still know how to fascinate him. Kris told him like million times to use one of his cars, but the smaller refused to. He wanted to enjoy the beauty of the city and more over, he was already depending on Kris for everything, he just didn't want to waste anymore of the taller's money. The Chinese male scoffs at that, it's not like the smaller is melting away his billions of money, wasting it. God, he earn a lot, like damn, he is the CEO of Wu group of companies, what makes Luhan think that Kris can't support him.?? But then again, Luhan had always been simple. So he let him do what he likes to do, not before giving him an iphone XI, just in case he goes missing. Kris has always been caring, treating him like his brother.

Luhan stands near the bus stop, waiting for the bus as he looks up at the clear sky. That day, the day he left everything behind, is still fresh in his mind as if it happened just the day before. He had contacted Kris the next day he lost his baby and the taller was kind enough to help him leave that place. The taller lives alone with his parents in Beijing, so it wasn't a big of a problem for Luhan to settle down. He wanted to leave that place so bad, not just to cure his heart ache, but also to go away from him. Call him an idiot, but he still loves that's guy who made suffer and he was the reason he came this far. He wanted him to move on, forget about him and lead a happy life. And what about himself.? He will be happy, if he is happy, just like what he wrote in that letter.

Luhan looks to his right, trying to find any sign of the bus he was waiting for, but no traces of it being nearby. He sighs as he averts his gaze away from the road only to land on that one person standing beside him. He wasn't standing too near nor to far, just right enough for him to see his eyes, those sharp eyes he recognize so well. He slowly turns his body to the direction of his gaze, when the person standing in front of him takes off his mask, staring right into his eyes. The moment he reveled himself, the time stopped. Luhan couldn't hear anything, see anything, it was just him and the person standing right in front of him. His eyes weren't piercing his sole like they used to, they were soft, with a glint of feeling he couldn't point out. His expression wasn't cold like it used to, instead there was a different feeling to it, which he couldn't point out. He changed, he changed a lot, has it been too long since he saw him.? Maybe it is, because the one standing in front of him wasn't the one he knew, he looked different, like a completely different person. Wasn't he eating properly? Why does he look so skinny.? Why is he.. Luhan snaps out his trance when his phone rings with a loud music, pulling him out of his world.

"H..Hello.?"

"Luhan, where are you.?"

"I..I am near the bus stop.."

"Oh, found you."

"Ha.?"

Just when the call ends, a BMW pulls over right beside him and a cheerful Kris steps out of the driving seat.

"Luhan, get in. let's go home together."

"A..aren't you busy.?"

"Ya..can't I make some time for you.? Hurry up and get in. I have a meeting in three hours. You have to make some snack for me. Get in.!!"

"Ok." Luhan gives him a small smile as he gets into the passenger seat, not even looking behind as Kris steps onto the accelerator, driving away.

Kris stops his car once they were far away, far away from the guy Luhan had ran away two years ago. Luhan breaths hard, holding his heart as he closes his eyes, letting those water fall he had been holding for a while.

"Are you Ok.??" Kris voices out, concern lacing his words. He knows who he is. He knows, what that man means to Luhan.

"Hmm, but....but how did you..?

"Tao called me; all of them are in Shanghai for a commercial shot. I thought it would be best if I accompany you before you bump into him but....... I was late.."

"Thank you. Just before....it felt as if my heart was going to explode."

Luhan looks at Kris with his teary eyes as the taller squeezes his hand, giving him a silent comfort.

He ran away from someone he love, but he never had the courage to turn back, he always had a feeling that he will be well off with someone else. So he ran away as far as he can, and never see him again, but why...why must he have to face his unrequited love after all this time. Destiny do have a lot up its sleeves.

 Destiny do have a lot up its sleeves

Authors note:  

Lu and hun are destinated to be together so let's see how thing will go from now on.!!! Hope you like this chapter.!!