𝐍 │69

IMESSAGES

[Zach Herron]
[Alexia Garcia]

~

Zach: alex where are you?

Alex: I went back to the hotel

Zach: what why?
we were supposed to look around
for a bit after the interview

Alex: what and that woman who
Interviewed you would've come too?

Zach: are you seriously jealous
about that

Alex: well you didn't exactly stop her

Zach: Alex we were worried
we didn't know where you went

Alex: first, I went to talk to my mom
and then i told everyone I was leaving
but i guess no one heard

Zach: well do you want me
to come back to the hotel?

we could order some food and
watch some netflix

Alex: that would be nice
and we should probably talk

Zach: about what?

Alex: oh um just some stuff me and
my mom talked about

Zach: ok see you soon
I'll be back in 20

Alex: see you soon

~

Third Person

Just like he said, Zach arrived back in the hotel room in twenty minutes, but he was surprised to see Alex's suitcases all packed, and his in the same mess he left them in when they left for the interview earlier that morning.

Placing his stuff down on the end of the double bed the couple had shared, Zach looked around, and realized that literally everything Alex had gotten out and was somewhere in the room was packed away.

"Alex?" He half-shouted, his voice sounding cautious.. and kind of nervous.

"Zach.." Alex said, walking out of the bathroom and sat on the bed. "Hey.."

"Why are your bag packed? We don't leave until tomorrow, or did someone tell you we were leaving today or..?" Zach looked confused, sitting back down on the bed. "Alex what's going on." He asked, as he met his girlfriend's eyes, only to the see them rimmed with red and faint tear stains on her cheek.

"I love you, you do know that." Alex started, wiping her eyes, and Zach just felt even more confused.

"Yeah and I love you too, what's wrong? Is it about the girl or-" Zach replied, only to see Alex shake her head, staring down at the bed.

"It's just everything. The jealousy and hate, and the long distance thing when you're on tour or in LA and I'm back home in Atlanta." Alex sighed.

"But last time I checked the hate and stuff wasn't that bad.. and I thought you were ok with the long distance bit so far." Zach shrugged, confused on where this conversation was going.

"Someone literally dmed me telling me to kill myself. Do you know how bad that makes me feel? Just because I'm dating you, someone told me I should end my life. And with what happened in the past..." Alex trailed off, sighing.

"But you said you didn't check your dms and requests. I.." Zach had no idea what to say next, and so he didn't.

"On this tour I've literally just been in the way. In the way backstage before and after a show, when it came to interviews etc. I was just in the way. I spent a lot of time alone, which just gave me more time to think about things. Think about us." Alex was so close to crying at this point, which just made Zach realize something.

"You're going to break up with me, aren't you." He said, his voice soft, as if the words he spoke was just going to make things worse, and he would never see Alex again.

Instead of saying anything, Alex just nodded. She didn't trust herself to speak; the tears coming so quickly that she couldn't even attempt to stop them anymore.

"I love you, Zach. I just need a break, from everything." Alex got up off the bed, wiping her tears and going to her bags, Zach watching her, tears filling his eyes. "I've booked a flight home, and.. well.. well I don't know when I will see you."

"I understand." Zach sighed, and a tear fell, although he quickly wiped it away. "I love you Alex."

"I love you too." Alex replied, and Zach watched as she pulled her suitcases out of the door and it closed. Almost as if she was never there. Zach's phone rang, and he wiped his eyes, before answering.

"Zach, bro where are you?" Daniel asked, "One minute you were there and the next you weren't, what happened?"

"Daniel, me and Alex just broke up." Zach sighed, those words confirming his worst fears. He had just watched literally the love of his life walk out of the hotel room doors, and he had no idea when he was going to see her again.

~

a/n
i'm genuinely crying and
my grandma thinks I'm weird
also im probs gonna finish
this book tomorrow or
maybe tonight so I can
work on the sequel over
the weekend