Chapter 4

Eric dropped Madison off at home right at 3:30pm, just in time for her to let in the twins from school.

She kept replaying what he had told her over and over in her head.

22?! Why is something always wrong with the cute ones? she thought to herself.

Too much was going on and the last thing she needed was to get yelled at over a fight. Gina got home at 4pm so she didn't have much time.

Madi pulled out her iPhone and FaceTimed Bre as she made the twins a snack.

"Bitchh I was looking for you! Where you go?" Bre hollered as she answered the phone.

"Come get me. I got straight tea" Madi said as she stared into the phone.

"Be ready" said Aubrey as she hung up. She knew whatever it was, had to be serious.

Bre sped to her bestie's house to find her already on the porch, she never wanted to leave this bad.

"You sure the twins gone be alright?" asked Bre as she parked in the driveway.

"My mom will be here soon. That's why I need to leave" said Madi and the girls took off down the street.

**************************************
Madi's POV

Bre and I decided on going to the mall. It had been a while since just the two of us went.

I told her the whole story of what happened with Eric. She reacted the same way I did.

"I knew he looked too grown. So what you gone do?" she asked me.

"I told him we gotta be friends cause next the nigga gone tell me he got kids" I told her. I'm too young to be playing stepmomma.

I can't lie, talking to Eric recently had me feeling a little less shy around boys. For once I actually wanted to see who was there today.

We walked inside the Riverside Mall and immediately started shopping.

Bre walked over to the clothing section of Foot Locker while I was by the shoe wall looking at the new Jordans.

One of the workers started to come over and help me. I guess I looked undecided.

His name tag said "James" but he looked like he could have been some rapper. He stood about 5'11, chocolate and had a clean fade cut- everything I like.

"Need any help picking out something?" he asked me showing the grill in his mouth.

"Well I like those up there" I said jumping onto my tippy toes.

"What size you need?" said James laughing at my shortness.

As he left to get my shoes, I noticed Bre walk over holding two gold Nike jumpsuits. She was forever trying to match.

"We have to get these" she said holding up the outfits"And you have to get his number" she added.

Bre walked off to the counter to pay as James came back with my size 5 sneakers.

"I think they would look good on your feet" said James handing me the shoes with a smile.

I did the normal stand up, walk around in them and shook my head to let him know I'd be buying them.

As we made our way to the counter, I noticed Bre was talking to some dude and he had a friend with him.

Fuck that's him I thought to myself as I got to the counter. I was interrupted in my thoughts as I heard James talking to me, his voice was so deep and calm.

"It's gone be $80 for you. I added my discount and I put something for you in the bag" he said winking at me.

Before I could respond, Eric came over with a stack of money and threw down a $100 bill.

"Keep the change" said Eric as he took my bag and lead us out the store. James just shook his head and watched me closely as I left.

"Umm..I had my own money" I said to Eric as we exited the store.

"Friends can't pay for each other stuff? Bre just bought yall a fit" Eric said to me.

"Right most spoiled person I know" said Bre.
And this bitch gone agree with this nigga I thought to myself.

"Whatever let's go to the food court MY treat" I said to them.

"I'm not letting you pay for anything when you're around me" said Eric. I just rolled my eyes as we went down the escalators.

Aubrey and I got sushi while Eric and his friend got burgers. It only took about 20 minutes for all of us to finish.

After eating, the four of us walked around the mall a little more. Girls kept coming up to Eric hugging him and it was so annoying.

It made me wonder what he really had going on.

"What y'all about to get into?" Eric asked as we stopped outside the Apple store.

"We're actually about to get going" I said as I tugged at Bre, making her stop her conversation.

As we left, I noticed James had put his number inside my shoe box.

I was definitely going to be using it.

        *************************************
                                      Eric POV

Me and my nigga Don was out making a quick stop at the Riverside Mall.

We was stepping out tonight and I needed some new shit.

We walked inside the Foot Locker, I already knew what shoes I wanted to get so it wasn't a need to look.

I then saw Madison lil friend Aubrey. I knew they
was close so I figured Madison was probably close by somewhere.

I was about to beat dude ass when I seen him looking at Madi like that, I had to contain myself.

When I seen him write his number down, I knew I had to step in and show him what's going on. Madison is mine.

I wanted to show Madison that I can be her provider and protector. Ever since I told her my age she barely even look at me.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of trying to do all this  "Mr.Nice Guy" bullshit.

Next time I get close to her, she's coming with me.