Chapter 13

"Have you been practicing what we went over last week?" the therapist asked Madison as she read through her previous notes. This was Madi's third appointment with Dr.Wright and the sessions had been very helpful to her.

Despite being amongst many other girls, Madison felt ashamed to be the only one expecting.

Everywhere she went she felt all eyes were on her.

All she wanted was her life back.

"Yes, the more I practice the more it helps" Madison told the doctor. Lately, she found herself having less nightmares and more flashbacks.

Her mind wouldn't let her forget what happened to her and she hated it.

As Madi entered her sixth month, she noticed she couldn't stand for longer than ten minutes without her feet swelling and most of the time she felt very uncomfortable. To be only six months, Madison could easily pass for eight.

"There are only three months left, have you started thinking of names yet?" asked Dr.Wright.

"I'm having a gender reveal next weekend, I'll start looking after that" replied Madison. As she left the doctor's office, she noticed there was a girl in the lobby that looked very familiar.

"Hi..excuse me I'm sorry, you look very familiar" Madison said as she approached the girl.

"Omg Madison right? I can never thank you enough" the girl responded. "I'm Ciara. We were in the basement together" she added.

"Omg yes I remember. I wasn't with the police when they found y'all though" Madison said to her.

"I know but you sent help. I was there for almost 2 years until you came" Ciara replied. Madison exchanged numbers with her and the two arranged to get lunch soon.

She was excited to finally connect with someone who had gone through the exact same thing as her, if not worse.

As Madi walked onto the parking lot, she found James still waiting in the same parking spot as when she left.

"How it go?" James asked as he got out to help her into the truck. "Pretty good. I actually just ran into another girl from the basement in there" she told him.

"Fr?" James asked suprised. For some reason, he thought Eric would have chosen girls that lived far from each other.

James and Madison had gotten very serious over the past few weeks. He really wanted to help care for Madi's child as his own.

All he invested his time into was his music, and the well-being of his unborn child.

              *******************************

It was the day of the gender reveal and everything couldn't have been more perfect. Per Madison's request, only 20 people were there but Gina had gone above and beyond to make the day special.

She and Damian had barbecued, filled the backyard with balloons, set up tables and decorated a big box that read "Will it be a he or she?".

By 12pm, the tables were occupied by Madison's grandparents, cousins, Ciara, Aubrey, James and even his parents. Everyone had brought a nice gift, causing Madison to have a table piled high with unisex baby gear.

Madi and James wore matching white outfits so they could give each other either a pink or blue handprint once they opened the box.

"Y'all got any names picked out yet?" James' mother asked.

"Yea, Jamaya if it's a girl or Jamori for a boy" he said in confidence. He and Madison had just thought of them this morning. It was pretty easy after they agreed to just combine their names together.

As everyone finished their plates and awaited the big moment, Madison started to wonder what she would do if she was having a girl.

Her child was already conceived by rape and she was scared to raise a daughter in this crooked world.

"I'm nervous. I can't have a girl, I just can't" Madi said to Aubrey.

"We're all going to love and protect them regardless. You got this boo" her bestie reassured her.

The time had come, everyone surrounded around Madison and James as they prepared to open the box.

"One...twoo...threeee!!" the crowd shouted as blue balloons flew into the air. Madison cried tears of joy as James pulled her into a passionate hug from behind, gently rubbing on his precious son.

The rest of the afternoon was filled with love and laughter as the couple celebrated the fast approaching arrival of their baby boy.

That should be my baby, he will be mine under any means necessary  Ciara plotted to herself.

        *************************************
                           3 Weeks Later

"I aint tripping off another nigga I be straight" James spoke to the crowd. "Aint even got a chance to eat, I see you looking at my plate!" the crowd chanted back.

He was performing at Onyx and the club was hype. James had just released his new mixtape the week before and his fans were excited to see him perform the new music. For him to be a relatively new rapper, James had a very supportive fanbase.

He danced under the bright lights as the crowd sung along to his new songs. It felt like he had finally found his calling.

Madison sat backstage in his dressing room and watched her man perform on the 60 inch TV that hung on the wall. She was so proud of everything that he was becoming, it made her want to work hard to make her dreams of becoming a model come true.

As Stunna 4 Vegas came on stage for them to perform their new single Animal, a loud gunshot went off, followed by a full clip being let off after it.

"Everybody get down!" shouted the security guards as they ran to shield the performers. As people ran out of the venue, police restrained the attackers while James and Stunna were rushed off stage.

Madison had seen the incident on the TV and rushed down as fast as she could to check on everyone.

"Oh my god!!" she shrieked as she arrived by his side.