Part 39 - Flinch

Heidi's POV

He picked me up and laid me on the sofa. For once I felt safe. We hadn't spoke one word because of what happened. Our argument was our worst one yet. But I can't tell Joe about the rape. I just can't.

Joe's POV

Ever since she came through that door, we haven't spoke a single word. All I've been doing is rubbing her back and trying to make her feel safe. By the look of fear on her face, I could tell something was up. Something was eating away at her insides. "Heidi..." She looked up shocked I'd said something. After a few moments of silence, "I'm sorry!" We both said at the same time. "Heidi I've never felt so disappointed in myself in my life from what I said to the love of my life. I called you a brat. And I know I shouldn't of said that. I love you so much. I can't live without you. These 2 weeks have been the hardest 2 weeks of my life. Because I didn't have you in it. I missed you so much." I said serious as I looked into her eyes. "I love you so much Joe!" Just as her lips met mine, she flinched. I pulled away confused. "S-sorry" Then, she ran into our room and I heard the lock click. I heard her screaming at herself, saying "Why do I always fuck things up! The one most important person in my life and I go fuck it up!" It made my heartbreak hearing her say those words. Why did she flinch? What did he do to her to make her do that?

A/N

Oooooo Heidi's having flashbacks! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this part!