A strike across the heart... (Part 1)

Based off of the photo above

Aunt May died a few months ago and Peter moved in with the avengers. Peter still calls Tony 'Mr. Stark' but Tony secretly wants to be seen as his dad.

Peter's POV
Although I've been through hell, I can't complain. I mean I literally have the avengers as a family! Tony and Pepper are like my parents and the rest are like my aunts and uncles. All the love doesn't stop the strike across my heart I get whenever I think of May though.

It's been seven months, you've got to move on Peter, I think to myself as I lay on the overly sized bed. I sigh and sit up, grabbing my phone. Today was one of those boring days where not much was happening. Yes even the avengers had those days.

My aimless browsing is interrupted by FRIDAY, "Peter, boss has requested that you come down to the common room with your suit on immediately."

I shoot up and run to the door, grabbing my suit on the way out. I struggle into the elevator while clumsy putting on my suit. This has to be a mission! Finally Mr. Stark is letting me on a mission!

By the time the elevator opens I'm in my suit, mask on and everything. I see my new family gathered around the huge tv. Tony waves me over. "Ah there you are! Their's been reports of a guy named 'the punisher' wreaking havoc around Queens. I figured since it's only one guy I'd let you come. Let's go to the quinjet and I'll catch you up one everything."

________________________________

My hands shake with excitement as the quinjet lands in a seemingly empty park. This guy doesn't seem too bad, Tony said he doesn't even have superpowers. Just a bunch of guns. The jet touched the ground and I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up and see Da- no Tony looking at me with a worried expression. "Please be careful Pete."

I give a shaky nod and we all get off, except for Bruce. The hulk didn't seem necessary as of right now. Once outside I realize that the park has been blocked off with police tape and one guy stands in the center of it all. He's a beafy, bald guy holding an AK and a machine gun in each hand. His black shirt has a skull on it, which only seems cheesy to me.

"Finally you're here! Are you ready to be punished for the atrocities you have committed?"

Instead of answering Natasha leads a charge at him, throwing a widow bite. He easily dodged it and shoots the AK at her. She barely ducks on time, the bullet hitting a tree. That's when all chaos breaks loose.

Steve throws his shield at the mans legs while Ironman goes at him with the repulsers. He dodges every shot taken at him, including my webs. An arrow whizzes at his heart, no doubt from Clint, but simply bounces off.

Sam and Bucky attack him from both sides, but are immediately shot back with a pulse grenade. Scott is on the ground, also being hit by the force. Any more attempts made from war machine are futile as he is heavily on the defense. I really wish Thor and Vision weren't in Asgard right now. We could really use-

Suddenly the man drops the AK and puts both hands on the machine gun. He rapidly fires every and everyone is forced into defense. I quickly duck behind a tree just as a bullet comes at me. My spidey sense is all jumbled up with all the bullets passing by.

DANGER!DODGE!DANGER!DODGE!JUMP!DANGER!DUCK!DANGERDANGERDANGER!

How has my family not taken this guy down yet?! By now the hulk is on the scene smashing away at in trees in his way. All bullets shot at him simply bounce off. He charges at the man and squashes him with his fist, no doubt killing him. The hulk immediately shrinks down into a flustered looking Bruce.

I step out of my hiding spot nearly everyone is on the ground panting. I run over to a few feet away from Tony. Nobody seems too badly hurt though. Just as I'm about to let out a sigh of relief, my spidey senses spike. Everything's in slow motion as I see the 'dead' punisher sit up and shoot a pistol at Tony, who is now out of his suit.

"DAD!" I yell as I push him out of the way. Searing pain shoots through my body. I feel a pellet lodge itself in my chest and blood gushing out. Blood. It's everywhere. My eyes flutter shut before I can yell out in pain.

Steve's POV
The Hulk brings his fist down on the murderer and all firing seizes. It is eerily quiet when everyone trickles to Bruce's side to observe 'the punisher'. Tony steps out of his suit, but I know better than to let my guard down just yet.

Before I can tell him the same, a pistol flashes in my line of vision and a shot echos out. I quickly jump forward and knock out the man with a punch to the jaw. I turn around expecting to see Tony's dead body. Instead I see Peter laying on the ground, blood gushing out of his chest.

Everyone is too shocked to move. I spring into action and scoop up Peters limp body. I grab a piece of cloth on the ground, probably from Bruce's shirt torn in transformation, and press it against Peters wound. He doesn't scream out in pain and that's what worries me.

Holding him, I sprint to the jet. The others drop out of their shock and follow me. Everyone except Tony. Instead he sits on his knees and lets out a tear jerking scream, "PETER! NOOO! YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT!"

I don't have to look back to know that Tony is punching the criminal to death. Although I want to stop Tony from doing something he'll regret, my number one priority is Peter right now. Once in the jet I place him on a cot as Bruce rushes in after me. He scrambles in and takes my place in pressing the cloth down. "STEVE! FLY THE JET BACK TO THE TOWER! THERES NO TIME! THE OTHERS WILL FIND A WAY BACK!"

I nod and sit in the pilots seat, pressing the button that will allow Tony's AI to take over. The jet flys into the sky, FRIDAY sensing the urgency. The adrenaline finally wears off and I let a waterfall of tears leave my eyes, painfully aware that my nephew is dying behind me.

I shake the awful thought away and pull out a phone to call S.H.E.I.L.D. To come pick the rest of the team up.

________________________________
Tony's POV
No, no, no. This is not happening. Not my son! I can't loose him. I can't. This can't can't be happening, not to the light in my life. I pace outside of the med bay worry seeping through my features.

I suddenly can't take it. I drop to my knees and a sob escapes my lips. I feel arms around me but I ignore them only thinking This is your fault. If only you hadn't brought him in that mission. If only you weren't an idiot and stayed inside your suit. If only-

"Tony?" It's Bruce. I stand up and look at him with puffy eyes, shoving whoever was hugging me onto the floor. "How is he? Is he alive. Oh god please tell me he's alive!"

Bruce let's a small smile grace his lips. "Yes he's alive." Tears of relief fall down my already wet face as I cry in pleasure. My baby was alive. He was going to be alright.

"But-" oh no "The bullet struck across his heart. The only way we could save him was by putting a permanent arc reactor in his chest." My breath hitches. Bruce continues on solemnly.

"It's the only thing keeping him alive. Any damage to it and he'll die within minutes. You can see him now."

I don't wait for another word, I run through the door. The sight in front of me is like a slap against my soul. Peter lays helplessly, looking so small and frail on the hospital bed. Machines surround his pale body. The only thing reassuring me that he is alive, breathing is the steady beep of the EKG.

I sit in a chair next to him and hold his hand like my life depends on it. I rub my thumb soothingly across his palm. He doesn't stir. I slowly pull back the sheet and see a sight that would horrify any father.

In my sons chest was a gaping hole above his heart filled in with metal.

How was it? Opinions? I'm so sry if it's crap! I will try to get the next part up soon and then I'll work on the other requests it might take a bit to get them all done. Thank you so much for reading! Your comments give me something to look forward to! Have a lovely night (or day) and don't forget to vote :)
-Rain