Medicine

I know I said I would do requests but I'm sad and I can't write fluff or happy right now. Please listen to the song before reading. Don't wry this story has nothing to do with me... I'm sad because of something else. But if you do feel like this reach out to someone.

TRIGGER WARNING DO NOT READ IF DEPRESSED IN ANYWAY!

LISTEN TO SONG!

Peter's POV
No one understands my feelings. Maybe they understand my pain, but not the complex of distorted words that claw at my heart.

Burden

Disgusting

Disappointment

Freak

Mistake

And the worst...

Mental

Why I've been called these words are beyond me, but they still strike close to the heart each time I hear them. Tony, May, Pepper, MJ, Ned, all of them could care less. So why bother reaching out?

I'm all alone, and I've accepted that. I did my research, I know what the cure to depression is. Everyone says you need an outlet to make you happy: sports, theatre, whatever. But an outlet won't be enough for me.

I need something to cleanse my ashen soul. I need medicine. But the medicine I need is different. The medicine I need is cowardly. The medicine I need is an escape from this crippling reality.

I might sound depressed, and sure I am. But hey that's what you get when you are surrounded by death that is constantly constricting your heart into withered ash.

Although I've been victimized my whole life to keep my friends safe, I can't do it any longer. The hate, the shoves, the lies, it takes a toll. So I'm finally ready to take my medicine.

It took me nine months to be developed and born, but it will only take one step off of this building for me to die. And for that I am thankful.

I stare down at the busy streets of New York from the top of Stark Tower. This is it, this is your escape. I nod my head in finality. There's no going back now. I take a deep breath and fall forward.

I hope they get my note.

Tony's POV
I sigh as I step out of the elevator and walk into the kitchen. Today's been an awful day full of meetings and conferences. Grabbing myself a coffee I ask, "Hey Fri, is Pete here yet?"

"He is currently not in the building. He told me to inform you that he left a note in his room he would like you to read," the AI replied.

My heart immediately sinks. Something's off this doesn't sound right. I take the stairs up to Peter's room two stairs at a time. I flung open his door and shakily grab the piece of paper laying on his desk.

Dear Tony,
        I know you'll probably be disappointed when you find this but I have to do this. I need an escape from the awful, hateful words. I don't expect you to understand. I just hope that you understand that you were like a father to me. I'm going to keep this short. Say goodbye to everyone for me, I'm sorry for putting this burden on you. I know I can trust you with this task. I would say those three powerful words but that would make this a lot harder for both of us. I'll say them anyway. I love you, Dad.
            Love,
                  Peter

A sob erupts from my mouth. "N-n-no. NO! FRIDAY WHERES PETER?! WHERES MY SON?!" I demand with a cascade of tears rolling off my cheeks.

"He's on the roof sir."

I dash out of his room and run up the stars. I practically kick down the door to the roof and frantically scan for Peter. And there he is. Before I can say anything he steps forward. "NO! PETER!" I run forward and jump off, letting the suit encase me.

I put the thrusters at full power and scoop Peter into my arms meters away from the ground. With my son secure in my grip, I fly to the balcony. We land down and my suit falls away. Peter and I fall to the ground, both a sobbing mess. I pull him into my arms and run my fingers through his hair. "S-sh y-you're okay. You're o-okay. We will get through this. I love you so so much. S-sh you're okay."

Peter grabs me tighter and, if possible, cry's harder. " 'm so sorry. I'm s-sorry." I kiss his forehead. I slowly rock him back and forth.

Peter continues, "I just needed an escape! An escape was my only medicine!"

"I can be your medicine."

I know, this was the shortest ever. Sorry. I'm sad like I said. I'll try to post a fluffy one tomorrow. Please comment your sassy comments they make my day and I could really use some humor in my life rn. Love y'all.
-Rain