Baby Spider on the Ceiling

So I couldn't update yesterday because I was in too much pain but I'm staying home again today so update time! Thanks again for all the birthday wishes baby spiders 💛

Steve's POV
These last three weeks have been the best three weeks of mine and Tony's life. I'm not going to lie, I was afraid that our relationship would be different after getting off our honeymoon high. But adopting Peter brought us closer than ever. I stand looking through the fridge for leftovers with Peter in my arm. I try to shift him over to the other arm to make it more comfortable for both of us, but he clings onto my arm as if he is stuck.

I shut the fridge and look at my son. "What's wrong Peter?" He just looks up at me with big doe eyes and gurgles. I coo at his adorable demeanor. He starts gurgling even more with a grumpy look and tries to squirm out of my arms. I carefully set him down and sit down next to him. He crawls in the other the direction towards the wall. I laugh seeing he has no destination in mind.

Tony walks in and sees Peter crawling around. "Ah there's my boy," he says with a fond smile. He's about to pick him up since Peter reached the wall, but Peter doesn't stop there. He climbs onto the wall and quickly scurries up to the ceiling. He squeals with joy while Tony and I just stand there shocked. I get to my feet and close my gaping mouth.

"WHAT THE F****?!" I yell.

"Language!" Tony replies.

I glare at him. "THIS IS BOT THE TIME FOR JOKES OUR SON IN ON THE CEILING!"

Tony looks from me to Peter. He then makes a sad attempt to jump up and grab him. Peter crawls away from the reaching hands. "STEVE I CANT GET HIM! HE'S. GOING TO HURY HIMSELF!"

I jump up and try to grab the boy but am a foot to short. "Okay we have to be calm. I mean we've seen crazier things than this," I mutter more to myself than to Tony.

"Right we need to stay calm. Our priority should be getting him down safely. What should we do?" Tony asks desperately.

"Get on my shoulders and try to grab him," I suggest hesitantly."

"What?! No way am I getting on your shoulders!" Tony yells like it is the most absurd idea in the world.

"Tony! Our son could hurt himself! This is the best solution I can think of!"

He sighs and motions me to bend down. He climbs onto my shoulders with a slightly red face. I stand up and Tony reaches his arms up to grab Peter. Peter once again squeals joyfully and crawls away from him hands. I stumble around trying to to balance Tony while positioning him under Peter.

 I stumble around trying to to balance Tony while positioning him under Peter

Tony finally grabs ahold of him and I set them both down. We both let out a breath of relief. "What the hell was that?" I ask.

Tony swaddles Peter to his Chevy and places a soft kiss on his curls. "I don't know, it's like he was crawling around like a spider or something."

Peter gurgles our a laugh and claps his hand. "Spwider!" Tony and I look at each other shocked. That was his first word!

I look at my husband and son and embrace them. "Indeed my spiderling."

Ooof what even was that ending. All well I hope you enjoyed. I'm going to try to update soon instead of waiting forever like I did last time, whoops. Credit to whoever drew that amazing art! Dm if you know who so I can give the well deserved credit. Alright see ya spider babies.
-Mamma Spider