𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS YOU
chapter one. first day back.

       Samantha Miller steps out of her green jeep wrangler, tossing her long brunette hair over her shoulder and takes a deep breath before walking up the front steps of the 21st district

Samantha Miller steps out of her green jeep wrangler, tossing her long brunette hair over her shoulder and takes a deep breath before walking up the front steps of the 21st district. Nervous, excited and everything under the sun about her first day back in Chicago and her first day back as a cop.

    She was back in Chicago after nine years for a couple reasons. She needed to get out of New York and most of all she missed her best friend in the whole world, Kelly Severide. They had met when they were four and have been inseparable ever since. Like, they have never spent one day apart since they met inseparable, except for when she left for New York to get into the police academy.

    Sam walks up to the front desk to see a sergeant with graying hair and she smiled. "Hi"

    The older woman looks up at Sam, then looks back down at her paperwork and asks, "What can I do for you?"

    "I'm here to see Hank Voight"

    "Aren't we all?" The sergeant says, stapling papers together. Sam looks at the woman's name tag 'PLATT' then she takes out her new cpd shield that she got from the commissioners office to show her, "I'm detective Sam Miller"

    Platt looks up at the younger girl with a raised eyebrow, "As in Commissioner Miller?"

    "Yes ma'am"

    "Well then, by all means" Platt says, hitting the buzzer to let Sam go up to the intelligence unit. The most elite unit in all of Chicago.

    "Thank you, Sergeant. And I know that was sarcasm but that's okay. I'll take it" Sam smiles at the desk sergeant then heads up to her new unit.

    Sam takes a couple deep breaths before heading up the last couple steps of the unit when she hears. "Can I help you?" from an older man with a black beanie.

    "Hi, is Sergeant Voight here?"

    "He's in his office," Olinsky says to the young detective, pointing to Voight's office.

    Sam half smiles, "Thanks" then she walks between the desks to the sergeants office. Adam Ruzek walks over to Alvin and asks, "Who's that?"

    "Commissioner Miller's granddaughter"

    "Seriously? What is she doing here?" Adam asks, raising an eyebrow but also shocked at how beautiful she was.

    "No idea. Just go do your paperwork, kid"
    Sam knocks on Hank's door and hears. "Come in" and with that the dark haired girl walks in and closes the door behind her.

    "So, it's true. You made Sergeant"

    Hank Voight looked up and smiled. "Samantha Miller"

    "Hank Voight"