𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS YOU
chapter three. call it macaroni , part 2

Sam is standing in interrogation with a suspect, Chris Gamble, when Jay walks in and leans his back against the wall

"See, Chris, nobody knows this and it's one of my favorite surprises to lay on guys like you that are sitting across from me. Say you and your buddies, I don't know, robbed an armored van and somebody gets killed. Even if it was one of bad guys, even if that person was killed by the police. Somebody's gotta get charged for that murder. So we're gonna prove that you were there yesterday, and in addition to the attempted murder of a police officer, you are gonna get charged with the murder of the van driver and the murder of your very own cousin"

Jay loved watching Sam in action, being smart and a badass, even if it was just trying to make a suspect talk.

"Or, Chris" Sam starts to say, pulling out the chair in front of her and sits across from Chris Gamble, "You give us the other participants and you let them take the ride"

Still silence from Gamble, Jay speaks up and says, "You can't be happy with how this went down, right? Your cousin gets killed, for what?"

Still radio silence so Jay continues and asks, "How much did Bembenek pay you to get the shirt?" Gambles head quickly turns to Jay in surprise. "Yeah, we know all about it, so quit trying to figure a way out, Chris" Jay says then takes a chair and turns it around backwards so the back of the chair is facing towards Gamble and sits down, "It's over"

Gamble sighs and says, "It's wasn't supposed to go down the way that it did. They never told us the cops were gonna be there"

Sam sits up and asks, "Who's they?"

"Oskar and his brother Jacob. They said it was just gonna be a security team from the van company that we would be following and that there would be more money. That's why we weren't handing it over until we get more" Gamble explains.

"Hand what over?" Jay questions.

"The bloody t shirt. The evidence bag. We told Oskar that he needed to come up with 200k or we were dropping it at the nearest police station"

"Where is the bag right now?" Jay asks.

"My buddy Christian's got it. But I'm supposed to meet him and back him up for the trade off with Oskar"

Jay and Sam exchange looks then leave.

~~~