𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS YOU
chapter twenty two. get back to even.

On a cold and snowy winter night, Sam stuffs her hands in her coat pockets, as she, Jay and Hank walk under some crime scene tape to their, well, crime scene, where they meet up with Antonio and Al

"Truck driver?" Voight asks Dawson.

"Names Aaron Mclntire, he's in the wind. No eye witnesses. Don't count on anyone coming out of the woodwork down here"

"The Sedan came back stolen" Jay says.

"What, you've done this before?" Dawson asks, sarcastically.

As the five detectives keep walking and surveying the crime scene, a crime techie approaches them with an evidence bag in hand and hands it to Dawson. "Detective? Found these in the cab of the truck. Crystal meth, looks like"

"No. These are Jesus Malverde crystals" Dawson corrects the crime tech guy, "Patron Saint of Mexican drug dealers. They carry them to ward off evil. Could've fallen out of someone's pocket"

"Alright, so it's a truck jacking gone bad" Hank says, then looks at the techie, "You check the container?"

"Uh, we were waiting on you guys. There's a smugglers lock on the door"

"This kids in the database" Olinsky says, looking at his phone, "Darius Gifford. He's with the Gangster Disciples. I'm guessing his buddy is in it too"

"It's a long way from home. I mean, this is vice lord territory. You got a LKA?" Dawson asks.

"Yeah, public housing in Deuce"

"Alright, Sam and I will roll there. We'll notify the family" Jay says.

🌙🌙🌙

Sam and Jay get to the Gifford family home to notify them of Darius' death and they stand on either side of the door and Jay knocks.

"Who's there?" A child's voice calls out.

"Police, can you open up?"

A couple seconds later, the door opens and a little girl who looks about to be 14 stands before them. "Can I see a badge, please?"

"Yeah, sure" Sam says, showing her badge to the girl, "They're real, I promise"

"I'm Jay and this is Sam" Jay says, introducing them to the girl, "What's your name?"