𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS YOU
chapter ten. chicken, dynamite, chainsaw , part 1.

After a few weeks on bed rest, Sam has had enough

After a few weeks on bed rest, Sam has had enough. She needs to get back into the field before she goes crazy. I mean, sure she loves Jay catering to her every need, and I mean every need - wink wink- but after awhile, it gets to be a bit much.

A week after the accident Sam got to move back into her apartment and she took the opportunity to go, thinking it might get her some alone time but nope, that didn't stop Jay or Kelly from watching over her 24/7.

And even though her arm is still broken, Sam got the all clear from the doctor to go back to work -desk work- but no one needs to know about that part.

On Sam's first day back to work, she got up early, took a shower and changed -with the help of Jay- and the two head into the kitchen to grab a cup of caffeine.

"Thanks for helping me, Jay." Sam smiles.

"Of course. Anything for you" Jay smiles and pulls out the chair at the island for Sam to sit at.

"No seriously. I know the last few weeks have been kinda crazy. And I just want you to know, I appreciate everything you've done for me. You didn't have to"

"And I'd help you again and again. You deserve it" Jay says kissing the petite girl on the forehead and she blushes.

"Wow you have such a way with words, Jay Halstead"

"So I've been told" Jay says and heads over to the coffee maker to pour them both a cup, "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything" Sam says and Jay slides the blue mug in front of raven haired girl and takes a deep breath, "Jay, what's going on?"

Jay walks around the island and stands in between Sam's legs and asks, "What would you think, if I asked this beautiful girl, who goes by the name of Samantha Miller, to be my girlfriend?"

Sam couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. She's been waiting for Jay to ask her out since their first kiss. Sam uses her one good hand and places it on the back of Jay's neck and pulls him in for a kiss, then says, "I think she wouldn't even give it a second thought"

Jay takes another deep breath, and says, "Thank god" then smiles.

"Wait, you know about Voights policy about in house relationships, right?"

"Right...so we just won't tell anyone yet" Jay says and they kiss again.

"Except Kelly"