𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS YOU
chapter twenty five. daydream believer.

"Son of a bitch is toying with us" Voight says as he, Erin and Sam walk onto the unit and are met with Jay

"He knew we were tracking his phone" Sam says, going over to her desk, "He left it in the basement, next to a lighter and nail polish"

"Fin, Ruzek and Amaro are still tearing the house apart" Lindsay states.

"We had eyes on him less than an hour ago, he couldn't have gone far" Jay says, "We have alerts on his car, his IPASS, his credit cards"

"Look, everybody is in on this. Have Nadia set up a civilian hotline" Hank says, turning around towards Nadia's desk with no Nadia at it, "Where is she? Where's Nadia?"

Jay looks at the post it on his computer, "She had to run an errand. She borrowed your car, Erin"

"An errand?" Erin questions, picking up her desk phone.

"She went to pick up your birthday cake" Sam says, "It was supposed to be a surprise"

"Straight to voicemail" Lindsay says and Hank opens a cabinet draw and slams it.

~~~

"Alright, tell me you got something" Voight asks Roman and Burgess, as they walk onto the unit.

"We found Yates' car parked across from the district. CSU is tearing it apart and there was..." Roman starts to say.

"What?" Lindsay asks.

"There was a smashed birthday cake on the ground. No other sign of Nadia" Burgess says.

Now all Sam can think about is how this is all her fault. She agreed to meet with Yates. She was his alibi for the house fire, where another woman was killed and he knew they would find the address for the empty apartment and how he would have enough time to kidnap Nadia and if something happens to her, Sam won't be able to forgive herself.

"Okay, he snatched her right off the street. There's gotta be witnessess" Voight says.

"Patrol is still canvassing" Roman says, "Also checking on traffic and security cams"

"This isn't on you or Erin" Jay tells his girlfriend who is staring blankly into space, as Erin walks over to them.

"I was his alibi and he had enough time to kidnap Nadia when she was vulnerable enough getting Erin's birthday cake"