Field Trip

This first one I am plunging into is one that has been written many times. Field trip, guest badges, blah blah blah- Okay! Oh, and he is not related to Stark.

***

For the past half hour Peter had been diligently working on his assignments in his bedroom, thinking about the next day's field trip. It was to Stark Tower, and though he wasn't keen on going with his class, he knew if he didn't Flash would say he was a liar.

"Peter? Dinner!" Aunt May called from the kitchen.

"Coming, May." he sighed, bending down to root around in his backpack. There it was. He pulled out a yellow sheet of paper that May needed to sign. He opened the door and walked into the kitchen. "Mmm." he said when he saw the spaghetti.

"There you are." Aunt May set the bowl of spaghetti on the table with the sauce and meat balls.

"Um, so there's this field trip at school." he held out his paper to May, who took it.

"Where to?"

"Stark Tower." he reached forward to scoop spaghetti onto his plate.

May signed it. That was that. He was going to Stark Tower and there was no turning back. Well, he could always go get stabbed on patrol, but he was pretty sure it was easier said than done.

After dinner, he retreated to his room. Inside he changed into his suit, the eyes flashing when he pulled the mask over his head.

"Hey Peter. How was school today?" Karen's voice was activated along with the rest of the systems.

"It was good, Karen, though we do have a field trip tomorrow. It's to Stark Tower, and Flash was driving me crazy about it all day. Hey Karen, anything on the police scanners?" he swung himself up to the top of a building a few blocks from his home.

"Nothing so far, Peter."

The night remained mostly silent for about an hour and a half, a few muggings here and there. Until the shriek of a siren filled the air. It was a fire truck, speeding down the road.

"Karen, where are they headed?" Karen gave him an address and he immediately took off.

When he arrived at the scene he found a house in the middle of a blazing fire. It was a higher-class rural area, houses surrounded by wide lawns and tall trees, water features in the front.

"My son is inside!" a woman screamed. Her husband was nearby, talking to the firefighters, urgency in his voice.

The firefighters were doing their best, but they couldn't get into the house with out risking damage to the building integrity more than it had already been by the sky-licking flames.

Then came Spider-Man. He swung down to where the woman was. "Ma'am? Ma'am! Tell me what room he's in."

The woman responded, shaking fearfully, pointing to one of the upstairs rooms.

With that, Peter swung onto the roof and walked into the flames.

*Time Skip*

The night before was eventful. He had saved a child from the burning house, fortunately being able to avoid most of the fire. His suit was singed in some places but not beyond repair. Afterwards he had sat on a roof for a while, trying to get the smoky smell off of his suit. It was no use. May, fortunately, didn't notice the next day. The shower had gotten rid of the smell, but his suit needed fixing - and a wash.

Now he was on the bus, headed straight for Stark tower.

"Hey, Parker." Flash called out. "Guess we're gonna see if you're telling the truth, huh?" he had a smug smile on his face, taunting Peter.