Soul Stone Part 1

I just had to do my own, I'm sorry.

Yay, an update, FINALLY. Sorry about that.

Warning: Includes Infinity War spoilers and is also kinda sad. I think. I wasn't saddened while writing it, so... It might not be? Oh well. Read on!

Everything's happened on the same timeline as in the MCU, so Peter's 17 or so and the other avengers don't know who he is.

***

"Mr Stark, I don't feel so good..." it started as a tingle, then spread through his body. The others had dissolved, drifting away in the breeze. The tingle intensified into a nauseating grip of his very soul. He could feel it. All of it. As his life began to crumble away. He felt the others as their own souls were ripped from this world. He stumbled into Tony's arms, gripping him as if touch could keep him grounded. "I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go..."

"You're okay, kid." he said.

Peter's legs gave out and they fell to the ground. One moment his hand could feel. The next, it was as though air had replaced that which he had been touching.

"If they had died, that's on you. If you died, different story. I feel like that's on me and I don't need that on my conscience."

His face glazed for a moment, then he looked at the man sorrowfully. "I'm sorry." then he felt weightlessness. He could feel that his body existed, but it was almost numb. He felt like he was soaking in a never-ending expanse of water. The orange sky began to fade into blackness, but he couldn't feel a thing.

***

His eyes snapped open as the air fled from his body. It felt like he had just fallen from a ten story building without his suit, then landed in front of a speeding truck. He groaned and turned to his side, pausing when he saw the water. It looked forever deep against the dim reflection of the peaceful sky, but then again... It was hardly there at all. The world was silent. Not the deafening kind of silent that penetrates your mind every quiet night, but... silent. No noise. Nothing at all. For as far as he could see there was nothing but the still, glassy pond. And then he looked to the right. Far, far, in the distance. Sun broke through the drifting clouds, raining light on a break of peace in the distance. He stood, and stepped forwards.

***

Days. That's how long he had been walking. Days. Days of nothing. The island of life seemed to move further away at ever step, but at the same time, it came ever closer to his grasp.

***

Head down, eyes half closed, he never stopped. There was nothing for him to do other than walk. He felt nothing. No hunger, no pain, no sadness. Not even the water as it rippled beneath his every step. He could feel every breath, every heartbeat, every movement of his body, but then... There was nothing. It was as though he was floating in space, but still on earth. He didn't feel the weight of gravity. He didn't feel the pressure of his feet hitting the surface under the water. It was warm, but at the same time cool. He could breath, but felt nothing coming in or out. Only the movement of his chest as it expanded only to fall in again. Nothing.

Water. Shining, golden, endless plain of glass. Then land. Land. Sound exploded in his ears. Birds, breeze, the creaking branches of trees. He had reached the break in peace. He looked up. There was a tree at the bottom of a grassy sloping hill that curved upwards to his right. This land was cast in shadow, the sun just past the ridge. As he passed beneath the stretching branches of the old tree, he could see the land. There was a hut of sorts, perched on a hill. Below were fields filled with rows upon rows on strange plants.

Peter walked. Down the hill, into the rows of plants an trees. He could see land going far, far beyond what he had previously thought, and as he looked on he saw a shape.

The shape walked towards him, coming more visible by the second. Peter didn't move into a defensive stance, he only stood. The tall, lumbering shape came closer... and closer...

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Thanos stood beside him, looking out over the plains. The sun arched down towards the farthest hill, beginning to disappear from view.

"I suppose." there was silence for a moment. "Where are we?"

"This," he gestured his arm around the plains. "This is the soul stone."

Peter looked at the gauntlet still on Thanos' hand. "One of the Infinity Stones. This is what I felt. This is where they all went, isn't it?"

Thanos smiled, almost. "Yes. Freeing the rest of the universe from its impending fate. You aren't glad that this sacrifice has saved the existence of everyone else?"

"Do you expect me to be?" Peter turned to Thanos, ripping his eyes from the sunset's dazzling magnificence. "What about everyone else? How do you think they feel? The loved ones that just dissolve right in front of their faces for no good reason? The children that are playing happily one moment and the next are nothing but a pile of ash?" his voice rose. "AND I FELT EVERY ONE OF THEM." tears pricked his eyes and his voice cracked.

Thanos turned to the broken Spider, looking at him carefully. "It's a shame. So much potential, and you had to be on the dying side. But it saved everyone else." Thanos bent down to look Peter in the eye. "I'd think you'd be glad for them."

"Did it save them from what's going to be unending years of pain?" with that he turned, and walked away.

"What's done is done." Thanos called after. "And my life's work has been completed."

Peter squeezed his eyes shut and ran. He knew not where he was going but back to the endless glass. Back to feeling nothing. In seconds, his feet touched the silent water, and he turned back. The break in the expanse of lonely dessert was gone. No more noise could be heard. It was silent again. Te moment he had stepped from reality, it was all simply gone. Instead, in the distance, he could see... People. He lunged towards the people scattered about, but they were so far away... It seemed one moment they were a mile out, and the next he was standing next to Dr. Strange.

"Doc?"

Stephen turned to look at Peter, then stared before opening his mouth to reply. "Welcome to the Soul Stone."

***

So I've been reading other fanfics nonstop in order to get ideas. Writers block sucks. -__- But then I saw a few soul stone stories and my writers block crumbled into dust and blew away!

I hope you all enjoyed! Don't forget to vote and leave a request below. :D

Should I do an Iron Spider one-shot?

Yes --------------->

No---------------->

Thanks for reading!

~MintMagician