The Teenage Nightmare Part 2

Hello, Everyone! This is (if not obviously) a continuation of the last part, The Teenage Nightmare Part 1

Same "universal stats" as the first part.

***

They all sat down with coffee, and took a sip.

"Eww! What is in that?!" someone yelled.

Rhodey sniffed it, scrunching up his nose. "It smells fine. I think."

Tony tasted his and poured it out. "It's like... mud?"

"Okay." Steve said, standing up from his seat. "This has gone too far. I'm going to go and get my shield back from Clint. Anyone with me?"

The others stood, calling out various words of agreement.

Cap in the lead, they all turned and began to march down the hall. Well, it wasn't exactly a march. First of all, their steps weren't nearly synced. Secondly, some of them were dragging their steps from coffee-less exhaustion instead of lifting their knees high.

Within in minutes- well, actually seconds, but not five seconds, more like fifteen- they had arrived at Clint's door.

Steve lifted his hand a knocked.

No reply.

Steve knocked again. 

No reply.

"FRIDAY, where's Clint?" he asked with a scowl. Well, it wasn't really a scowl. It was the signature Cap-Is-Worried scowl. It really couldn't be called a scowl. It was more of a furrow. A furrow of the brow. But still a scowl. But not...

"Clint Barton is currently not present on the tower premises." FRIDAY answered.

"What?" Steve scowled.

"He's probably just hiding until he's in the clear." Rhodey guessed.

***

Peter and Shuri, 3 floors down, were laughing.

"Y-you think he's found it yet?" Peter gasped out.

"If-if he had, I-I'd think he'd be back by now." Shuri responded.

In all honesty, it wasn't that funny to the outsider. But the two knowing what they had done, the team's reactions were hysterical.

"We should probably get up there before they get suspicious of us." Peter suggested.

***

And suspicious they were.

"FRIDAY, where are Shuri and Peter?" Bucky asked suddenly.

"Behind you." FRIDAY answered.

Bucky jumped around to see Peter and Shuri.

Their upper lips peeled back to reveal teeth, their eyes were wide, their noses squished. They both let out unearthly, grunting, snarling noises as he turned.

Bucky shrieked. "GUUUUUYS!" he yelled.

Shuri and Peter burst out laughing. Shuri grabbed her stomach and fell to her knees while Peter covered his mouth and leaned against the wall, tears streaming down their faces.

Bucky's expression had been priceless.

The other Avengers had looked shocked as well, but not as much by the sounds of the two friends. More because of the inhuman squeal that had emanated from their teammate's contorted mouth and his horrified expression.

"What is your deal?" Bucky made a grab for them, but they ran down the hall back to their lair.

***

Shuri and Peter collapsed on the couch, laughing.

"That was too much." Peter chocked.

"Should we tell them?" Shuri asked as they began to recover.

"Naw." Peter waved his hand casually over their heads.

"Any ideas?" she then asked.

"Ideas? You came to the right person.

*~*~*

It was night, and every Avenger was settled into bed, drifting off to sleep. Every Avenger but two. You are probably confused by this. "Shuri isn't an Avenger." you might think. But the "two" I'm talking about do not include Shuri. As you may have guessed, Peter is one of them, though his position as an actual Avenger is debatable. The other was a particular arrow-shooting child who doesn't always act his age. Clint, as you may have guessed it was he, was still looking for... 'it'.

Anyways, Peter was up with Shuri. They had been avoiding the others for the day, and were simply suspected to be watching vines and laughing themselves hoarse. In fact, their appearance in the hall the day before was passed off as a vine reference that none of the adults would know. Anyways, you might want to know what, exactly, they were doing in the room of holographic displays and couches. I shall tell you. They were, as it turns out, hacking into the PA systems of the whole tower.

"Are you ready?" Peter asked Shuri.

"Ready as I will ever be."

Then he did it. He pressed the big, blue button. Instantly, a song blared at top volume over the PA of the tower, inside and out. 'Twas the Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin, if you must know. Oh, and "top volume" could be heard for almost a mile on the outside...

Ah-ah, ah!

Ah-ah, ah!

We come from the land of the ice and snow

From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow

Could be heard everywhere. Less than a minute later, both were in their own beds. Equipped with means of communication, no doubt.

I'm not going to tell you what happened next. It was too horrible to recount. But I will tell you that the next morning was groggy and coffee-less. And it was a living nightmare for... not naming any names.

Anyways, Clint finally came back. It only took three days! What he was looking for, well... That's confidential. I know what happened, but I have clearance and you don't seem to, so... sorry?

Oh, Peter and Shuri woke up to mustaches on their faces, giant padlocks somehow installed on their toilets, balloons on every surface but the wooden floor, where shaving cream had been sprayed instead, an unending loop of Immigrant Song, due to being locked out of FRIDAY... did I get it all? Oh, right! The hot water was turned off and there had been skunk smell sprayed all over. How they managed to do this all in two rooms without waking the teens has yet to be revealed.

And no, the spray didn't wake them up because, interesting real-life fact, your sense of smell sleeps when you do, while your other senses work fine. Well, except that you are sleeping so it's all a little muggy.

*~*~*

Shuri and Peter spent the rest of the royals' visit in their rooms, very miserable. The only highlight was that they still had their radios, which, fortunately for them, were totally separate from FRIDAY's systems. Let's just say... it wasn't very pleasant. At all.

***

Who wants to gain clearance and hear the story of Clint's adventure? :D

I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!

Please leave requests, corrections, comments, votes, and tips. :)

~MintMagician