Chapter Nine: The Strike

Author's Note

School started so I'll be posting new chapters on Saturday nights or any time that I might have. Sorry if I keep anyone hanging. Enjoy :)

P.S. The video is just to lighten the spirits of this quite sad chapter.

Mitch's POV (Always gonna be his POV (Might've already said that))

On my way home I decided to stop by starbucks. Once I walked through the door I saw Scott on the couch with Wyatt running around the house like a maniac. I walked over to Scott who at first hadn't even noticed I was there.

"Are you ok Scott? I brought you some coffee." I said as I held the coffee in front of him. He wasn't taking it. He stared straight at the blank television. This is getting weird. Even for Scott,"Are you ok?"

"I just..." he let out a long sigh,"I feel like...there's more to that story." He said silently.

"I have no idea what you're talking about Scott." My heart was racing. I got up to go to my room but he grabbed my arm before I could.

"Don't play dumb Mitch," he was looking me dead in the eyes, "I know what I saw. At first I thought I thought I was imagining things." He stood up not once breaking his gaze or loosening his grip.

"Well," I cleared my throat, " What do you think you saw?"

"Not much," He said sarcastically, "Just that you two were half naked making out on a bed. Nothing too out of the ordinary."

If I wasn't afraid for my life I would've said something like, "Ok hold up. Didn't ask for the tude little miss thing" But since I was, in fact, afraid for my life I instead said this.

"I think I'm going to throw up," He immediately let go of my arm and backed up. I ran to my bathroom and locked the door. Though I did feel a bit nauseous, throwing up wasn't the plan. I was going to wait it out. Scott came knocking on the door.

"Oh my God Mitch are you ok? I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you I just want to figure this whole thing out. Can you let me in?"

"No." I reached for my phone to listen to music but realized I left it on the table in the living room.

"At least tell me if I was imagining this because I don't think I was." Lately that question was a recurring trend in the ptx group. pretty soon I'll go on twitter and #Wasidreaming will be trending. But this is now. And what do I say? I already said I was done lying.

"No,"

"What? Mitch open the door I can't hear you when you're whispering." I slowly opened the door to a towering Scott in front of me. I looked him in his eyes.

"No, you weren't imagining anything." I wasn't sure how much more of this I could take. I needed to get out of this apartment. But I can't keep running away from things. So instead of grabbing my keys and walking out the door I stood there. Waiting for the storm. In an instant it seemed as if we flipped roles. Scott was the one to grab his keys and walk right out of the door. Leaving me here to drown in my own regret. What do I do now? The truth was out. I had nothing left but my own thoughts Like they always say. Shoulda woulda coulda. I sank to the floor and sat there for almost 2 hours staining the floor with my tears. Eventually I got up to check the time. It's 5 minutes to noon. Practice starts at 12:30. Scott probably wouldn't be coming home before practice starts. I went into the bathroom to fix my face and went out the door.

_______________________________________________

As I pulled into the parking lot I saw Scott's car. This is turning out to be the worst day of my life. As soon as I walked in all eyes were on me. The only person missing was Kirstie. Jonathan walked up to me nervously.

"Do you have any idea where Kirstie is? We can't get in touch with her and you know this isn't like her. We tried her cell and her house she just isn't answering."

"I could check her apartment." Anything to get out of that place. Also after what I witnessed this morning I wanted to make sure she was ok.

"I'll go with you." Avi said getting out of his chair. It would be nice to have muscle just in case Jeremy was there and wanted to pick a fight, but i couldn't have Avi coming with me. Kirstie trusts me and I need all the trust I can get from her.

"Oh that's ok. I think it's best if I go alone. I'll call if I need anyone." With that they all sat down without an argument which was a huge surprise to me.

As I pulled into the parking lot of Kirstie's apartment I saw her car which was just a bit reassuring. I walked up to her door and knocked. First softly but after there was no response I banged on the door yelling for someone to open the door. I heard the door unlock but it didn't open. I walked through the door and didn't see anyone. I officially regretted not bringing Avi. I looked around but there was no sign of anyone. Finally I reached Kirstie's bedroom. I stood at the door to see her lying in her bed with her back turned

"Kirstie? Are you ok?" I walked closer to her afraid of what I might discover. I gave her a light shake. Nothing. I heard car tires screeching outside and ran to see what was happening.. I saw Jeremy swerving away and down the street. I ran back over to Kirstie.

"Kirstie! Wake up please!" I grabbed my phone and dialed 911

"911 what is your emergency?"