Chapter 4

"Are you serious? This isn't a joke is it?" Christy asked skeptically.

Shanelle shook her head no as she fought to keep her tears in check. "I'm not messing with you. I couldn't take it anymore. I just couldn't. Roderick has shown his ass for the last time," Shanelle replied, as tears began to fill her eyes for the thousandth time.

Christy pulled Shanelle into the house and led her into the living room where Gia and Gabrielle sat waiting.

"Guys," Christy called out, as she wrapped a supportive arm around Shanelle.
Gabrielle and Gia turned around and saw a teary eyed Shanelle and Christy.

"What happened?" Gia asked, standing quickly ready for war.
Shanelle just shook her head and looked down, not wanting her girls to see her cry.

Christy rubbed her back in small circles saying, "She left Roderick."

Gabrielle's eyes got as big as saucers, while Gia stared at them like they were from another planet. After standing there for what seemed like forever, Gabrielle walked over to Shanelle and pulled her into a hug.

"Everything is going to be okay. You did what you thought was best for you and there is nothing wrong with that."

Shanelle began to cry as she hugged Gabrielle tightly. She needed to know that what she'd done wasn't stupid, that she made the right decision to move forward with her life.

Gia had tears of her own in her eyes as she watched and listened to her best friend cry. She had no idea that Roderick had brought her so far down until she saw with her own eyes. The constant put downs and weight remarks had taken her friend to a whole other place that no woman should have to be and she hated Roderick for that.

Gia quickly walked over and hugged Shanelle once Gabrielle released her and began rocking her back and forth as her tears found their way down her face.

"Honey it's going to be okay. You made the first step only a brave woman could make and I'm extremely proud of you!"

Christy and Gabrielle stood back and watched the two hug as they wiped at their own tears. They too were proud of Shanelle for doing what she needed to do to get out of her abusive relationship. It may not have been physical, but nevertheless it had the same effect and no woman should have to go through that type of pain.
Gia and Shanelle hugged for a little while longer before they separated. When they faced Christy and Gabrielle, giving each other a one armed hug, Gabrielle saw that their make-up was a mess.

"Oh my goodness, you guys look awful! Make up and snot everywhere," Gabrielle said with a small laugh.

Everyone let out a small laughs as they wiped at their faces. Leave it to Gabrielle to say something completely off topic. That's why they loved her.

The four ladies walked outside and grabbed Shanelle's things and took them to the last room available at the end of the hall.
They helped her unpack all her things before they got answers. They wanted her to clear her head for a few minutes before they all sat down to find out what happened for Shanelle to show up on their porch crying when she was supposed to be out with Roderick.

For the next hour and a half, the quartette listened to the radio, dancing around the bedroom as they hung or folded Shanelle's clothes and placed them in the empty dresser draws and closet.
Once they were done, Christy made a pitcher of margaritas to help calm everyone's nerves for the big reveal of the night. She served each woman a big glass, including herself. When she sat down, she looked at Shanelle expectantly.

"I know you probably want to forget about what happened but as your friend and sister I want to know what happened between you and the man that shall not be named. We all want to know," Christy said pointing at herself, Gia and Gabrielle.