Chapter 26

Shanelle looked from Jaylin to his son. She didn't know what to say nor could she stop the unexplained tears from falling from her eyes. When Jerimiah reached out and wiped a tear from her face, Shanelle couldn't help the smile that pulled at her lips.

"Hello there, Jerimiah. I'm Shanelle," she whispered as tears continued to fall from her eyes. Jaylin went to put Jerimiah down but she stopped him. "Jerimiah, can I hold you?"

Without hesitation, Jerimiah held his little arms out for Shanelle. Shanelle grabbed the little boy and just held him tightly. She couldn't explain the feelings that poured through her body. It was almost like déjà vu. The minute she laid eyes on him, she felt a connection to him. All she wanted to do was hold him. One minute she wanted nothing more than to smile and in another to cry. What was wrong with her?

Jaylin stood back and watched as Shanelle held his son. Jerimiah wrapped his arms around Shanelle and buried his little head in her neck. Just watching the two filled his heart with so much joy. How could he have possibly thought Shanelle wouldn't accept his son? He didn't know what he'd been so worried about. Crossing his arms over his chest, he leaned against his doorframe and smiled. This was certainly something he could watch all day. 

When Jerimiah had had enough of hugging, he leaned back and looked at Shanelle with a smile on his little face. "You pretty."

Shanelle chuckled. "Thank you, that was very sweet. You're a very handsome little guy."

"I know," Jerimiah giggled.

Shanelle shook her head as she looked over at Jaylin. "He's definitely your son."

Jaylin smiled as he motioned for her to come inside. When Shanelle walked into the house, she noticed everything was as she'd left it.

"I was about to start on dinner, you want to stay? I'm sure Jerimiah would want you to and so would I for that matter."

Shanelle looked down at Jerimiah. "Can I stay for dinner?" she asked with a pouty lip. Jerimiah laughed as he nodded his head. "The boss has spoken."

Jaylin winked at his son with a satisfied grin on his face. Shanelle placed Jerimiah on his feet. "I'm going to go change clothes so I can help with dinner. I'll be right back." Jaylin looked over at her with a frown, she simply smiled.
"I'm not leaving. I'm just going to go change clothes. We have to talk, remember?"

Without saying another word Shanelle headed up the stairs to change. When she walked into the bedroom she'd shared with Jaylin she found some comfortable pants and shirt. Before changing, she went to use the bathroom. When her personal duties were handled she headed back down the stairs, only to hear Jaylin arguing with someone. Once she made it down the stairs she came face to face with Destiny.

"Well hello," she said with a smile that didn't quite meet her eyes.

Destiny glared at Jaylin. "Why is she here? I don't want that bitch anywhere near my son. If I hear that's she's been so much as in the same house as Jerimiah you'll never see him again!"

Shanelle just stood on the stairs saying not a word. This was something she was going to let Jaylin handle. She'd already made her point before, what good would it have been to do it again, especially in front of her son? Jerimiah didn't need to see his mother get hurt again.

Jaylin stared at Destiny like she'd grown two heads. "Don't you mean our son?" he asked tightly. "Let's get one thing straight, you will not tell me who can or can't be around our son! Shanelle is to be my wife and there is nothing you can do about that. You try to keep me from my son I'll take your ass to court. If you're going to act a fool in front of Jerimiah over something that's never going to change, you can leave his bag by the door and see your way out of my house," Jaylin growled before he turned to Shanelle. "Take Jerimiah upstairs, please and get him washed up for me."