Chapter 8

The girls were all getting dressed one night to go out bowling for their girl's night out when there was a knock on the door.

"Is anybody expecting company?" Shanelle called as she walked towards the front door.

"No," they each called out from their bedrooms.

Shanelle walked to the door and looked through the peephole before she opened the door smiling. "What are you doing here?"

"There's a special lady I needed to take out."

Shanelle just smiled and let the handsome man inside, "You know she's going to be pissed to see you here, right?"

"Yeah, she'll get over it."

"Have a seat Marcus and I'll go get your girl," Shanelle said grinning.

As she made her way down the hallway she couldn't help but think she was getting some serious payback on Gia. She walked into Gia's room and saw her sitting on her bed putting her makeup on, every now and then glancing down at her outfit.
"Hey honey, you have a visitor," Shanelle said with a mischievous smile.

Gia placed her lip gloss back into her makeup bag and looked at Shanelle. "What visitor? Is it mama or daddy?"

Shanelle just grinned. "Go look for yourself."

Gia gave Shanelle a weary look before she grabbed her purse after placing her makeup back inside and walked out of her room. As soon as she saw Marcus' cocky smile she was ready to blow a gasket.

"Why the hell are you here? Didn't I tell you at the office to leave me alone? Better yet, how in the hell did you get my address?"

Marcus gave her a bright smile saying, "I told you I would be by here to pick you up and I got the address from the phone book," he replied as his smile got even bigger. "Did you honestly think just because you said no I was going to let you wriggle away from me? Not a chance. I thought that little session we had back at your office made your mind up for you. What happened in less than two hours for you to go all Ice Queen on me? Could it be that you were missing me?" he asked with a knowing smile.

Christy and Gabrielle walked in and caught the last of Marcus' words.

"What happen at the office Gia?" Gabrielle asked.

"Ugh!" Gia screamed before she marched back down the hallway to her bedroom.

The girls turned to Marcus with an expectant look on their faces.

"Well what happened was," Marcus laughed as he began to explain what transpired between him and Gia just hours before. It just tickled him to know he got under her skin. "I know she's digging me more than she's letting y'all know."

Christy, Gabrielle and Shanelle found themselves laughing at Marcus' explanation.

"Let me go check on the cry baby," Gabrielle said giggling before she walked off in search of her twin.

Shanelle told Marcus to have a seat while he waited on Gia to stop pouting. Marcus looked around their home as he sat on sofa. He looked over at Christy who was seemed to be studying him for some strange reason.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Christy shrugged her shoulders. "I'm just trying to figure out why Gia claims to not like you, that's all. I mean you're a good looking guy. Hmm, maybe it's that whole Jeremy thing."

Marcus frowned. "Who's Jeremy? Are you talking about the clown from the club?"

"I'll let Gia tell you herself seeing as you're going to be taking her out tonight."