Chapter 21

Shanelle stood in her full length mirror turning this way and that when Jaylin walked into their bedroom looking handsome as ever in his black on black tuxedo. His freshly twisted dreads were pulled back from his handsome face in a simple yet stylish French braid. Shanelle couldn't stop the smile that began to form on her face as she turned towards him.

"Wow, baby you look gorgeous," Jaylin said in awe as he looked Shanelle up and down approvingly. "You look absolutely amazing."

Shanelle had on a beautiful white one shouldered floor length ballroom gown that rivaled that of a goddess. Her makeup and hair were both flawless in appearance. Just looking at her had Jaylin breathless. 

Shanelle's smile got even wider. "Thank you. You look handsome too. Think I'll have the handsomest date tonight."

Jaylin chuckled. "That's always," he joked.

Shanelle laughed. "Let's not go there," she said as she smoothed invisible wrinkles from her dress.
Jaylin just smiled as he walked over to Shanelle and wrapped his arms around her curvy waist.

"You are so beautiful, did you know that?"

"Thank you for the compliment but-"

"There's no but's. Shanelle, you're a stunning woman and I am extremely blessed and lucky to have you in my life." Before Shanelle could say anything further, Jaylin leaned down and kissed her softly on her gloss coated lips.

"Thank you," Shanelle whispered. "I love you Mr. Cunningham."

Jaylin leaned forward and kissed her lips once more before pulling back. "You're very welcome and I love you too sweetheart. Umm, before we leave I have something for you."

Shanelle frowned and looked up at him expectantly.
Jaylin released Shanelle with a devilish grin, walked over to the dresser and opened the top drawer and pulled out a jewelry box.

"Jaylin, what did you do?"
Jaylin just gave her a dashing smile as he strode back over to her and opened the box. Inside there was a beautiful tennis bracelet with both purple and white diamonds inlaid in white gold.
As he removed the bracelet from its velvety cushion, Jaylin kissed Shanelle's forehead.

"Stop frowning. I already know what you're thinking. If I want to by my fiancé something as beautiful as she is, I will. And no I'm not taking it back. I let you talk me into taking the necklace back. That won't happen again sweetheart."

Shanelle laughed lightly. "As beautiful as this bracelet is, you didn't have to buy it but I'm glad you did. And just so you know, I can express my own thoughts without you rambling around in my head."

"Glad you like it, and too bad. You'll live. Now let me see your wrist."

Shanelle rolled her eyes and raised her right wrist for Jaylin to clasp the bracelet on for her.

"Thanks sir."

Once his job was complete, Jaylin kissed Shanelle once more. "You're more than welcome. Are you ready to head out?"

Shanelle nodded her head as she grabbed her clutch purse off the bed. Jaylin held his arm out for her to take before they headed out of the bedroom and down the stairs. Right before Jaylin could open the front door, the house phone started ringing. Thinking that it was one of the girls, Shanelle rushed over to the phone and picked it up.

"We're on our way. Tell Gia to hold her horses."

"Umm, I think I have the wrong number."

Before Shanelle could ask who the unknown caller was looking for, she'd hung up. Thinking nothing of it, Shanelle picked up her clutch purse and headed for the door where Jaylin stood waiting and soon they were on their way.