Chapter 7

It was just after ten the next morning when Christy and Gabrielle walked into Shanelle's room, where their nostrils were assaulted with a putrid odor.

"Damn, how much did she throw up last night?" Gabrielle asked, holding her nose. Christy shrugged and did the same.
When they looked around the room, they saw Shanelle's party dress had been thrown in a corner covered in smelly vomit, while a trashcan sat by her bed smelling just as foul.

All through the night they'd held her hair as she threw up. If she threw up anymore, they were sure she'd lose a lung. They had never seen anyone so sick before. When they got the chance they were going to ask Marcus just what the hell he mixed together for her.

Christy sat on the bed next to Shanelle and pulled her hair back from her face. "Hey sleepy head wake up. You need to get something in your stomach."

Shanelle didn't budge so Gabrielle shook the hell out of her. "Shanelle, wake your drunk ass up!"

Shanelle groaned in displeasure as she pulled her pillow over her head and rolled over, trying to go back to sleep.

"Shanelle wake up," Christy yelled.

"No yelling," Shanelle winced at Christy's words.

Gabrielle and Christy just laughed, which caused Shanelle to cry out as she grabbed her aching head.

"Bet you won't be drinking anytime soon, will you?" Gia asked as she entered the room holding a glass of water and Tylenol.

"Why are y'all yelling at me?" Shanelle whined.

"We're not yelling your ass is just hung over. As much as you want to stay in bed, you're not. You need to get up and shower. Today is Sunday and we're going to church, so hop your ass up and go shower. And while you're at it throw your clothes in the washer and make sure you wash your hair," Gia said, putting the glass of water and pills on the table, making a disgusted face as she got a good whiff of the sickening smell that surrounded Shanelle's room.

"I'm not going. Now leave me alone," Shanelle grumbled, pulling the blanket up over her shoulders and buried her head underneath her fluffy pillow.

Gabrielle, Gia and Christy looked at each other before they yelled for her to get her ass out of bed. That had her cowering in pain as she held her hands up to her ears, with her eyes closed tightly.

Gia grabbed the blanket and yanked it off of Shanelle, who was only covered by her black lacy bra and matching underwear. "Shanelle get up, wash your ass and get dressed!" she demanded.
Shanelle curled herself into a ball and started whining.

Christy laughed at her. "Next time you'll listen when somebody tells you to slow down when drinking alcohol. It's a lesson learned, so get up. We leave for church in an hour."

With that the three women grabbed everything that was washable and left their hung over friend alone in her room to get herself together.

Twenty minutes later, Shanelle managed to pop the pills in her mouth and downed half the glass of water before she sat on the edge of the bed holding her head.
What in the hell did I do last night? she thought to herself. As she tried to figure it all out, she only managed to make her head hurt worse. She sluggishly got out of bed and made her way into her bathroom and took a much needed shower.

As soon as Shanelle walked into the kitchen minutes later, the girls looked over at her with grins on their faces.

"Feel better?" Gabrielle asked over the top of her coffee mug.

"No," she muttered, opening the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. At Shanelle's answer, they all started laughing.

"I better not see you picking up anything containing alcohol, even if it's Listerine. Hard headed butt should have listened," Christy said.